ideal size choke for pigeons

fireash123

tighter chokes are supposeed to damage pellets, meaning that 10% of the pellets leaving the gun dont even make it 30yds before falling to the ground, so in theory you should be better of with 1/4 or 1/2 choke, also they recon that the tightest pattern throwing loads are 4g and 28g loads, contarary to belief that realy heavy 32g and 36g loads thro really,really dense patterns.

More a matter of what game and how it was presented that the gun would be choked for.

Before multi-choke guns you'd need a couple choked differently, sometimes from one drive to the next depending on the type of bird you were expecting to see (and how they would present to the guns)

Best thing to do is get fixed 1/4 and 1/2 or a multichoke, stick 1/4 and 1/2 in it and forget about the rest of them for 6 months :blush:

I use 1/4 and 1/2. I'm no expert as I'm new to it aswell, but that seems to be the most common advice :blush:

cool thought so. thanks again guys. those spanish guys must be good shots then cose they make loads of game guns with 3/4 and full never mind

No they aint, they use 3/4 full as you can only take metal away not put it back.

tighter chokes are supposeed to damage pellets, meaning that 10% of the pellets leaving the gun dont even make it 30yds before falling to the ground,

Not heard that one before, is there any proof of it actually happening?

take no notice mate.

I read this in Sporting Shooter, I was only telling you what I read.