Parking Fine

steve_b_wales

None of this makes sense. Does the car park belong to the range and if so what they playing at? And Court papers from Northampton for an 'offence' in Warrington? I wouldn't have thought they'd have jurisdiction. I'd be casually interested to know how how you get on in case similar happens to either me or someone I know, and good luck

Court papers from Northampton happen because the county court bulking centre is located there, so when you make a claim against someone online in the county court it goes to the Northampton county court bulking centre and is processed there along with thousands of others,there is also a northampton county court mass bulking centre for the issuing of the parking fines,it saves the government money and frees up your local county court.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parking Eye file about 1000 a week in the bulk handling centre at the Northampton court , further along the process its possible to get the case heard at your local court , that's the stage I'm up to , waiting for a letter to say its at Warrington , most people pay before this stage and even if Parking Eye win they still lose out financially , BUT its another win they can put on their web site to say to other motorist pay up or we take you to court , its really bad the dirty tricks and lies they are capable of.

Edited by unclemicky

If its from PARKING EYE do not ignore it as they will take you to court , as they are doing to me, My wife spent £95 in The Range Warrington branch £15 of that having lunch in the coffee shop ,that caused a slight delay in leaving the car park , ignored the threatening letters until I got court papers from the bulk processing court in Northampton , even though The Range after I had shown them the bank statements with their name on them phoned Parking Eye telling them to cease any legal action against me they are still proceeding to court , they are very very ruthless and they don't care , but as yours is Smart Parking I don't think they do proceed to court , best go on the PePiPoo site and get the up to date advice from there , good luck

It's from a company called 'Smart Parking'

so looks fairly simple your good wife broke the rules outstayed time limit got a fine :whistling:

regardless of the can they cant they position its £45 what's that in reality couple of hours wage your about to embark on days / weeks of emails calls letters pain hassle raised blood pressure potentially obtaining a poor credit rating which will cost £1000`s :no:

pay the fine and keep an eye on the clock in future :good:

Edited by chrisjh

I'm afraid what Chrisjh say's about the hassle is very true , it is easier to pay up depending on what or where your life is at the moment , I'm retired so I have the time to take on these ex clampers and play them at their own game , I just feel sorry for the 1000's who cant fight back and these modern day robbers just go from strength to strength , Anyone know the small village of Hawkshead in Cumbria , Parking Eye nearly bankrupted the business's as that many tourist got stung buy the corrupt practices of Parking Eye's management of the main car park people just stayed away , Parking Eye no longer manage that car park , I wonder why , :sad1:

Edited by unclemicky

Court papers from Northampton happen because the county court bulking centre is located there, so when you make a claim against someone online in the county court it goes to the Northampton county court bulking centre and is processed there along with thousands of others,there is also a northampton county court mass bulking centre for the issuing of the parking fines,it saves the government money and frees up your local county court.

Ah. Thanks

Parking Eye file about 1000 a week in the bulk handling centre at the Northampton court , further along the process its possible to get the case heard at your local court , that's the stage I'm up to , waiting for a letter to say its at Warrington , most people pay before this stage and even if Parking Eye win they still lose out financially , BUT its another win they can put on their web site to say to other motorist pay up or we take you to court , its really bad the dirty tricks and lies they are capable of.

1,00 per week? wowzer, that adds up to a lot of wonga

Last year I stayed on Aldi car park in Gt Yarmouth for twenty minutes longer than I should have done , I got a fine for £70 or £40 if paid within 14 days might have been longer but I cant remember now as a o d p £40 was a lot but rather than having the worry of threatning letters or people knocking on your door I paid up. Since then I have parked on there every time I go up town which is at least twice a week ,but make sure I am off before the time runs out this have saved me about £3 a week so I am slowly getting it back with out all the unnecessary worry about not paying the fine in the first place.

I had a Parking Eye one around August last year for overstaying at a motorway services and so far apart from a few letters (four in total I think) I've had nothing else. Mind you they were sending them to the wrong address and I only saw them due to postal redirection.

After looking at pepipoo I took a decision to ignore but it's not for everyone. I would do as others have said Steve and take the option that will cause you the least stress.

Had my ticket been an actual (PCN) penalty charge notice (as opposed to an 'invoice' which is what mine effectively was) I would have just paid it. There is a difference (IIRC) between a PARKING charge notice and a PENALTY charge notice.

Good luck.

Last year I stayed on Aldi car park in Gt Yarmouth for twenty minutes longer than I should have done , I got a fine for £70 or £40 if paid within 14 days might have been longer but I cant remember now as a o d p £40 was a lot but rather than having the worry of threatning letters or people knocking on your door I paid up. Since then I have parked on there every time I go up town which is at least twice a week ,but make sure I am off before the time runs out this have saved me about £3 a week so I am slowly getting it back with out all the unnecessary worry about not paying the fine in the first place.

Are you not supposed to be a bona fide customer in order to use their car park, regardless of length of stay?

What are you insinuating sire? No honourable man would ever utilise a free supermarket carpark without patronising the establishment!!

Just playing devil's advocate.

As far as I'm concerned, if they can't be bothered to have a man on the gate or other means of enforcing their privacy/ownership, I'll park wherever it pleases me, within reason. Obviously a private residence or where access is needed is off limits. But a sign stuck high on a wall doesn't strike me as "enforcement".

DO NOT IGNORE ANY PRIVATE PARKING INVOICE! Not had any PM. Land over on pepipoo and start a thread on the private parking subforum. Also read the Parking Prankster. Do not pay up, do not ring / email / fax / write / appeal to the parking company before engaging brain and running your appeal past someone else. Never admit to being the driver, keep everything in the third person. If you want help on PW send me a pm and I can help you appeal to the parking company and to POPLA when they reject your appeal.

On pepipoo we have won 99.9% of POPLA appeals where the registered keeper follows ojr advice to the letter. :good:

Edited by Disco Stu

someone I know was given a £80 parking fine by Mc D's after staying in the car park for 75mins rather than the maximum 60mins, she had also bought food there and was meeting and eating with a friend at the time. As the car park was nowhere near full and she had actually purchased some of their product, for them to have grounds to force her to pay the ticket, would Mc D's have had to prove that she was causing them financial loss by staying 15mins too long? bearing in mind that the parking is free.

If its from PARKING EYE do not ignore it as they will take you to court , as they are doing to me, My wife spent £95 in The Range Warrington branch £15 of that having lunch in the coffee shop ,that caused a slight delay in leaving the car park , ignored the threatening letters until I got court papers from the bulk processing court in Northampton , even though The Range after I had shown them the bank statements with their name on them phoned Parking Eye telling them to cease any legal action against me they are still proceeding to court , they are very very ruthless and they don't care , but as yours is Smart Parking I don't think they do proceed to court , best go on the PePiPoo site and get the up to date advice from there , good luck

How long was it between the 'offence' and you being taken to court? And if i may ask what were the stages between. A lad i work with has been ignoring the letters from Parking Eye for an 'offence' in December last year. He's had 2 letters off them and 2 from a debt collectors, the last one in February

• 1 month later...

Further to my original post regarding my wife receiving a parking 'charge', she wrote a letter stating that the reason she was over the 3 hours allowed,(10 minutes) was that her friend was 'taken poorly' in one of the shops. She received a letter from Smart Parking yesterday stating that they have cancelled the parking charge. :)