saturday and yesterday on the beans

blade

Checked the weather forcast last friday night for shooting saturday and wasnt good heavy showers forecast .So like a good farther volenteered to take kids to swimming lessons as sunday didnt look as bad.Well how wrong they got it sat watching kids swim sun beaming through the windows of the pool gutted.So quickly home told misses going for a look round gun and dog loaded up.Went back to the block of beans i shot 124 off the week before still pigeons about this at 1.30.So thought ****** it im here now il take the family out tomorrow.Only place to set up was infront of a big oak they all seemed to like .Only problem 4ft ditch in front so had to biuld hide on edge of field and it looked terrible but hay ho im hear now.Didnt seem to bother the birds ended day with 91 picked up.Yesterday managed to sneak off at 12 the same farmer has another block of beans that is on our shoot think he drills them with a spade beans all over it and there have been pigeons showing an interest to say the least.Got there to find him spraying the field i wanted to shoot so had to pick another one further into the block with no distinctive flight line.Set up for 1pm and nothing really moving only the pigeons he was putting up from the other fields as he sprayed.Then about 2pm birds started moving and luckily some came my way ended with 76 lost a few in field behind me unable to gain access.But while sitting there worked out a good place to set up on for friday fingers crossed.You can see in the photos we really need some heavy rain

IMAG0373.jpg

my hide on edge of field not the best

IMAG0371.jpg

IMAG0377.jpg

bag of 91

IMAG0384.jpg

IMAG0383.jpg

dogs bored

IMAG0390.jpg

76 yesterday

IMAG0391.jpgIMAG0392.jpg