the guardian anti shooting at its best

Bottom line is shooting is a net contributor to the economy despite all this bull.

The country forgets shooting employs a lot of people, and shooters pay 20% VAT on all our guns/ammo/clothes etc etc etc, and all the companies that supply shooting equipment etc pay tax on their profits.

All this far outweighs any perceived subsidy, and if Firearms regions were more efficient it wouldn't cost £196 to issue a FAC, is it our fault they are incompetent, and do we demand licencing, no we don't, society wants us to be licenced for their own good, so society should pay, not us, it has also been suggested by CC Marsh that FAC fees should/could be £100 if done online, I don't know how that would work?

These articles are easy to write and we are easy targets, someone needs to put the true case, but of course promoting shooting as a positive financial benefit to the country is not PC.

Edited by Dekers

My fave quote 'ensure shotguns are issued only to the kind of dangerous lunatics who use them for mowing down pheasants'

This is what we are up against in the anti media dept nowadays. Tosh utter tosh

I know, they haven't got a clue. I use my car to mow down pheasants not a shotgun.

We and the organisations that represent us (basc, ca, ngc, sacs etc...) Need to be proactive in media management, we have sat back and now have the hunting act, such drip feeding in the media by anti's re-inforcing stereotypes of shooters will lead to more infringements upon our lifestyles, hobbies and jobs.

I started this post/thread

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/282464-lets-defend-shooting-and-countrysports/?do=findComment&comment=2519605

What else would you expect from a London-centric, Marxist bigot?

George is a typical left wing hypocrite, he has enjoyed the benefit and advantages of a private education - but now rallies against private education ( obviously once he has enjoyed it of course ) he then moves to rural wales and commences his opposition to sheep farming! You couldn't make it up!!

All the time churning out **** about "rewilding" the countryside with long departed species .

He really boils my ****.

Well I hardly expect he would welcome a warm acceptance here. He is as you say an anachronism, a lofty politician without party and loves the sound of his voice as apparently others do.

I'm glad to live in the same country that allows mine and his views on the world, I just choice to listen to his with amusement and the same disdain that he would mine.

Long live democracy.

John.

George is a typical left wing hypocrite, he has enjoyed the benefit and advantages of a private education - but now rallies against private education ( obviously once he has enjoyed it of course ) he then moves to rural wales and commences his opposition to sheep farming! You couldn't make it up!!

All the time churning out **** about "rewilding" the countryside with long departed species .

He really boils my ****.

to be fair it is mainly aimed at the "Grolies" who pay his bills :yes::yes::lol::lol::lol: