Grass cutting

spready

Hi Spready - we'll be topping grass over the next week or so in my part of Sussex (Surrey/Hants/Sussex borders). Probably a week or two for silage and not seen anyone else at it yet! Losing foxes in the grass already......think i might have tigers in there too!

If you're suffering withdrawal symptoms find yourself a soya feed pile and get your air rifle out fella! I shot a jackdaw on the wing (as in flying) yesterday and it gave me a look as if to say ***!!! as it went down.

Edited by LeadWasp

Gosh grass has only been growing 2-3 weeks here

It's funny how many micro climates a small country like ours has. A while back I drove down to the South West and the lambs were out yet the sheep round here barely looked pregnant at the time. A mate crofts in Caithness and although I haven't spoken to him for a few weeks I bet they've barely finished lambing yet as they lamb late.

Problem here is the ground is still so wet - especially the gault clay band under the Downs. You still have problems moving anything heavy on it.

Grass cutting is usually a bit later around here than in most other places. I love getting out just after it has been cut as I find that is the best time for crow bashing sessions.

Edit: I ought to add that it is one of my favourite forms of shooting nowadays as I can get the motor on to the land which saves having to lugg all the decoys, nets and loads other decoying related gear about, and of course I can sit in the hide and relax with my flask of coffee or cold drinks!

Roll on the "happy days of summer"! :yes::yes::yes:

Edited by Frenchieboy

It's funny how many micro climates a small country like ours has. A while back I drove down to the South West and the lambs were out yet the sheep round here barely looked pregnant at the time. A mate crofts in Caithness and although I haven't spoken to him for a few weeks I bet they've barely finished lambing yet as they lamb late.

Problem here is the ground is still so wet - especially the gault clay band under the Downs. You still have problems moving anything heavy on it.

Some get the tupp in early for spring lambs.my cousin does his later so they come as the grass is starting to grow saves him money not having to feed them.