Lane 2 hoggers

JimLondon

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am widely regarded as one of the best drivers in kent, i can drive up hills, down hills, round tight corners, through narrow gaps and when its raining very hard. This makes me an authority on driving and as such i know exactly who is to blame for this sorry lane-hog state of affairs.

I am widely regarded as one of the best drivers in kent, i can drive up hills, down hills, round tight corners, through narrow gaps and when its raining very hard. This makes me an authority on driving and as such i know exactly who is to blame for this sorry lane-hog state of affairs.

Yes he is.....................

TEH

I must admit to finding the whole thread a little laughable really. If I confide that my actual daily drive is a 98 plate Defender then you'll realise that with a top speed of around 85mph (for health reasons) and a comfortable, if not quite economic, cruising speed of bang on 70mph, I feel that I'm probably, statistically quite correct when I point the finger and say that the vast majority of you are not the lane disciplined angels you claim to be but rather, you are in fact frequent law breakers and speeders.

Let me qualify that a little bit. If I were to tell you that on most A roads and even B roads, despite driving at or even a little over the stated maximum speed limit, I spend the majority of the time with a vehicle behind me which could almost be on tow it's that close to my derriere, whilst jockeying in and out looking for an opportunity to overtake. Blind corners seem to be the most opportune moments.

On dual carriageways or motorways I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of cars that will happily sit behind me. Just an observation.

Edited by mick miller

I must admit to finding the whole thread a little laughable really. If I confide that my actual daily drive is a 98 plate Defender then you'll realise that with a top speed of around 85mph (for health reasons) and a comfortable, if not quite economic, cruising speed of bang on 70mph, I feel that I'm probably, statistically quite correct when I point the finger and say that the vast majority of you are not the lane disciplined angels you claim to be but rather, you are in fact frequent law breakers and speeders.

Let me qualify that a little bit. If I were to tell you that on most A roads and even B roads, despite driving at or even a little over the stated maximum speed limit, I spend the majority of the time with a vehicle behind me which could almost be on tow it's that close to my derriere, whilst jockeying in and out looking for an opportunity to overtake. Blind corners seem to be the most opportune moments.

On dual carriageways or motorways I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of cars that will happily sit behind me. Just an observation.

How very brave of you to admit to speeding ,while accusing the rest of us of being frequent law breakers and speeders :lol:

By slightly over the limit in talking 44mph in a 40, that kind of thing, it's not easy maintaining a exact speed just under, at, or just over the limit. What I don't do is barrel along in a 40 zone at over 50mph or get frustrated because the guy in the middle lane is doing 65 and I want to drive at 85!

Think about it. The upside of driving vehicle that is quite agricultural and mechanically restricted is that you start to find the average speed cameras set to 50 a blessed relief.

Edited by mick miller

for those who struggle with this difficult concept:

keep left...UNLESS..you're overtaking.

how to use this difficult concept in real life:

1.continually ask yourself 'what lane am i in?'

if the answer is 'left hand lane' grab a worthers original from your sweet tin, you've earned it!

if the answer isn't 'the left hand lane' move to point 2.

2: are you, or about to be, overtaking?

if the answer is yes, then carry on, but keep point 1 very close in mind.

if the answer is no see point 3.

3. MOVE THE **** OVER TO THE LEFT LANE YOU DIRTY LANE HOGGING HOBO.

feel free to print out these instructions and staple them to your head.

yours sincerely,

someone who drives a transit van restricted to 70mph and has to either pass dozens of morons a day on the inside lane or move out to lane 3 and slow down faster moving traffic thanks to the middle lane mongs.

Not in defence of lane hoggers, as I drive progressively the same as I was taught to ride, but in a way I can see why people do it, especially during the day.

How long can you honestly say (on a busy motorway) you can stay in lane 1 until you have to pull out again to overtake another lorry?

I think many people do it as more manoeuvers into faster moving traffic = more chances of collision so they stay in lane two.

There is a certain logic to it I guess.