Lane 2 hoggers

JimLondon

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have the patience anymore - whatever lane is being hogged / dawdled in, I sit a good distance behind so as not to intimidate, I count to 10 and if they're still there then I'm past and round on the inside and back making progress.

Mungler you should be ashamed! What will your feo say? Dont have to patience or discipline to follow the highway code, you shouldnt even be allowed an air rifle! hahaha

Suprised this thread isnt full of the anti-speeding brigade, justifying why its safer for them to sit in lane 2 doing 60 yet.

I dont usually get to much hassle of those hogging lane 2, as im usually smashing a tonne plus in lane 3 :lol:

I don't have the patience anymore - whatever lane is being hogged / dawdled in, I sit a good distance behind so as not to intimidate, I count to 10 and if they're still there then I'm past and round on the inside and back making progress.

OMG! That means you're admitting to a moving traffic offence which is against the law!

The next thing I'd expect to see here is someone questioning your suitability to hold an sgc/fac lol.

Edit: haha beaten to it :rolleyes:

Edited by Muddy Funker

The M25 has 5 lanes in most sections near where I live and at the weekend I call it the Australian M25 because the lanes are back to front - there will be a bottle neck of cars on the outside 2 lanes and the inside 2 will be crystal clear. It's embarrassing how many cars you can undertake and how far you can go before coming across another car in lane 1.

On Saturday, just past the M11 junction heading towards J28 I drove the whole way in lane 1 between the 2 junctions and went past probably 80 cars.

The M25 has 5 lanes in most sections near where I live and at the weekend I call it the Australian M25 because the lanes are back to front - there will be a bottle neck of cars on the outside 2 lanes and the inside 2 will be crystal clear. It's embarrassing how many cars you can undertake and how far you can go before coming across another car in lane 1.

On Saturday, just past the M11 junction heading towards J28 I drove the whole way in lane 1 between the 2 junctions and went past probably 80 cars.

There's a relatively simple explanation for this. Most of the people driving round the M25 aren't natives of a country which drive on the left. So, I assume, that for most of them they consider that they are already in the inside lane.

My driving pet hate is people who refuse to move over into an empty lane when you are trying to join from a slip road. So you have to slow right down, pull in behind them then speed up to over take! That and people who try to join an A road at 40mph, or don't indicate at roundabouts!

My driving pet hate is people who refuse to move over into an empty lane when you are trying to join from a slip road. So you have to slow right down, pull in behind them then speed up to over take! That and people who try to join an A road at 40mph, or don't indicate at roundabouts!

What gets my goat is those idiots who cant join the motorway safely in the manner described in the highway code but just throw themselvesout into the carriageway and expect all the fast moving traffic to brake / take evasive action to avoid them.

What gets my goat is those idiots who cant join the motorway safely in the manner described in the highway code but just throw themselvesout into the carriageway and expect all the fast moving traffic to brake / take evasive action to avoid them.

Agree :good: ,did some people ever read the highway code,

3. Joining the motorway (259) 259

Joining the motorway. When you join the motorway you will normally approach it from a road on the left (a slip road) or from an adjoining motorway. You should

• give priority to traffic already on the motorway
  • check the traffic on the motorway and match your speed to fit safely into the traffic flow in the left-hand lane
  • not cross solid white lines that separate lanes or use the hard shoulder
  • stay on the slip road if it continues as an extra lane on the motorway
  • remain in the left-hand lane long enough to adjust to the speed of traffic before considering overtaking.

My pet hate too, but even worse are the muppets in the left lane who swing into the overtaking lane to stop the person on the slip road who HAS TO GIVE WAY from actually giving way, instead they make the car in the overtaking lane have to reduce speed, yet see no sense of irony in this at all.

No, that's what I'd call driving on the pavement!! Those silly pedestrians getting in the way.

Funny ya mention that...the car I have right now was a bargain buy, as the previous owner/driver HAD been driving on the pavements (due to a degenerative illness being until then undiagnosed).

Not so funny as he died from it a couple of years later...& luckily the pavement detour didn't result in any injuries...

The way I view it that under almost all instances (the exception being someone driving like a tit weaving) if someone can easily undertake you without driving like Lewis Hamilton, your driving with poor lane discipline and shouldnt be in the way. Driving on the a12, m25 and a13 daily, you see an enormous amount of people sitting in the wrong lanes getting in everyones way. The worst being the a13 London bound where most of the time its possible to undertake 10's, sometimes as many as 30-40 cars at a time without altering your speed or even exceeding the speed limit. Throw in a few lorries and it makes a road that shouldnt be very busy, very slow and busy on a daily basis.

I'm not saying I throw my self into it and expect everyone move out of my but, but on an otherwise empty road its easy to move over and let some one join, I always do if I can see a car on the slip road

Absolutely,

The hallmark of anyone who drives anywhere near an advanced standard is forward observation and planning.

Why would you (meaning anyone) stay in lane one approaching an on slip if you can move over, pre empting someone appearing on the slip and causing issues?

Absolutely,

The hallmark of anyone who drives anywhere near an advanced standard is forward observation and planning.

Why would you (meaning anyone) stay in lane one approaching an on slip if you can move over, pre empting someone appearing on the slip and causing issues?

In the same vein why would you as a person joining a motorway not forward think and plan your entry by assessing the speed of the motorway traffic, identifying a space,and adjusting your speed to fit in with the speed of the motorway traffic.

In the same vein why would you as a person joining a motorway not forward think and plan your entry by assessing the speed of the motorway traffic, identifying a space,and adjusting your speed to fit in with the speed of the motorway traffic.

Agreed that you should, but I'm sure you've seen people hurtle down the slip road to eventually check a mirror, discover there's an artic in the way and then having to stomp the anchors to save being squished. Almost daily on the M23 for me!