Big thanks to PW for helping a newbie into shooting

As some of you know, I have been helping my nephew into shooting for a few years.... starting some years ago with my old .410 at paper and plastic targets.

He has had a rough time with illness and being left for dead after being hit off his moped on his way to college.

With lots of bits of metal and screws etc, he is fine now and here is the really good bit .....He has just had confirmation from Gwent police that he is getting his SGC.

So a big BIG thanks to a number of you on here, to name a few .........

MicktheMiller

Gazzyapp

Kingnewport

The nice man up north who gave a cleaning kit (sorry but forgot your PW name) let me know and I'll add it in.

He now has a 12 bore sitting in my cabinet awaiting his ticket to actually fall on his mat (don't panic - It is on MY ticket at the moment).

Thanks all and proof that forums can be great. :good:

• 2 weeks later...

As some of you know, I have been helping my nephew into shooting for a few years.... starting some years ago with my old .410 at paper and plastic targets.

He has had a rough time with illness and being left for dead after being hit off his moped on his way to college.

With lots of bits of metal and screws etc, he is fine now and here is the really good bit .....He has just had confirmation from Gwent police that he is getting his SGC.

MicktheMiller

Gazzyapp

Kingnewport

The nice man up north who gave a cleaning kit (sorry but forgot your PW name) let me know and I'll add it in.

He now has a 12 bore sitting in my cabinet awaiting his ticket to actually fall on his mat (don't panic - It is on MY ticket at the moment).

:whistling: Great news,looking forward to hearing about him using it :good:

This forum has helped me hugely in the same manner.

I never had the fortune of family who shoot, just many friends and my girlfriend's dad who have helped me along.

I read this forum for years before I got my SGC for Air Rifles etc and this is part of the reason that I got the itch to go towards shotguns.

A HUGE thank you from me too PW!!

MicktheMiller

Gazzyapp

Kingnewport

Grasshopper Wahay, name now added :good:

He now has a 12 bore sitting in my cabinet awaiting delivery as his ticket has landed (don't panic - It is on MY ticket at the moment).