Brancaster

scolopax

Hi Stalkerboydy, yes that KWCA do seem a bit tight with their guest permits but not to worry I will be in Norfolk in September playing golf for a week and while I’m their I thought I might as well do some shooting. As you seem to be in the know can you please tell me if your club will let me have a few day tickets for your marsh? I think some of my group would also like to shoot too so can we get six day permits for six consecutive days and can you please let me know how much we will have to pay. We are all experienced clay pigeon and pheasant shooters and members of BASC so insurance is not a problem but if you can supply a guide as well that would be great.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muddyone as your a BASC member look in there booklet and you will see a wash club/clubs offer weekly tickets where you don't have to go with a member. As for Guides I don't personally know of Guides these days. But clubs have helpful members who help inexperienced newbies to their Marsh. As for me my time is fully Taken Deer Stalking and Wildfowling

At RWA you can only take a visitor twice in their lifetime. This is an old rule and may get looked at but it must be considered a privilege and only there to give someone a chance to sample fowling, not to get to know a particular marsh. I dont this it is right for club members who work hard for the club seeing it filled up with non-members everytime te geese arrive.

However, at the same time we operate the boats for the Broads at a pittance of £35 a day for upto 2 people and their is no restriction apart from the fact it is only shot on a Friday and Saturday and only 2 boats of the 5 are available to BASC members. This usually starts on the 3rd Friday of the season. Very rarely are both boats used. BASC worked really hard for us in the 1980's to help secure shooting on the Broad and that is why we have ever since nominated 2 boats for BASC members. Doesn't matter where you come from as long as you are a BASC member you can use them. You don't have to be a BASC member to use a marsh day permit but it must be guided by a member and there's always someone available to help :)

And what a fantastic opportunity for BASC members it is too R.

At RWA you can only take a visitor twice in their lifetime. This is an old rule and may get looked at but it must be considered a privilege and only there to give someone a chance to sample fowling, not to get to know a particular marsh. I dont this it is right for club members who work hard for the club seeing it filled up with non-members everytime te geese arrive.

However, at the same time we operate the boats for the Broads at a pittance of £35 a day for upto 2 people and their is no restriction apart from the fact it is only shot on a Friday and Saturday and only 2 boats of the 5 are available to BASC members. This usually starts on the 3rd Friday of the season. Very rarely are both boats used. BASC worked really hard for us in the 1980's to help secure shooting on the Broad and that is why we have ever since nominated 2 boats for BASC members. Doesn't matter where you come from as long as you are a BASC member you can use them. You don't have to be a BASC member to use a marsh day permit but it must be guided by a member and there's always someone available to help :)

The essence of fowling IMO.

I have a few too, and like you it's interesting to read about places that I have set foot on and how it once was.

Like your quote .Managed to pick up several books by JW-D they make very interesting reading.His trip from London and up the east coast stopping along the way, at several locations I have shot on,are fascinating.

Quote “Anser 2, I regret to say I have no idea what land/club your talking about. We have not made any enquiries for land in Norfolk or anywhere else that is under lease to an existing club to the best of my knowledge. We talk to a lot of people about management of land and I think I would remember being sent packing in the way you claim we were.

After what you have said I did not expect your club to admit contacting landowners who already have clubs shooting their land.

Quote “I have no problem with individual Wildfowlers having their own ground, on their own or with friends.

That’s exactly what you have been complaining about claiming that all wildfowling should be in club hands. Over the last year or so you have posted post after post on the matter. Was that not your excuse for “saving” wildfowling at Thornham.

Quote “You talk about the numbers of Wildfowlers and clubs in Norfolk, but that's part of the problem.

So you would recon if all wildfowling in the county was taken over by Kent WA then the problems would be solved then..

Quote “Do you really believe the likes of NE won't get around to you boys in Norfolk sooner or later? From some posts on here they've already started long before we arrived

Yes we may well have problems in the future with NE but at the moment to quote one of their site managers “ they are quite happy with the level of wildfowling “ . That was a couple of years ago before your club started sniffing around. Today things are changing for one reason. Your club.

Quote “We were told that part of the failed deal put forward by the Wildfowlers and their agent in the Thornham situation included buffer zones to be put in place where there were none before, that's your idea of NE etc looking after the little club is it. “

Buffer zones around the reserves surrounding Thornham are vital for the sport to continue and good public relations. The old shooting zone ran right up to reserve footpaths used by thousands of birdwatchers and within a few yards of the reserve pools. To continue shooting so close to the reserve is a PR disaster waiting to happen.

Quote” If you think I'm wrong fair enough, but take a look at the land that been lost around the Country and then the restrictions that have been put in place in many others and then hand on heart tell me KWCA are the real enemy of wildfowling anywhere.

Yes on the Norfolk Coast Kent WA is clearly the enemy of non Kent WA members in a matter none of the conservation organisations have ever been. Most of the shooting takes place on National Nature reserves , a lot of it on ground sub let from NE or from the local naturalists trust

Quote” How wrong you are Mat, if we didn't give a toss we wouldn't even bother to explain our thinking to you, we'd just ride roughshod over everybody we could

Is that exactly what you are doing ?

Quote” Now we try to tackle them elsewhere, that's wrong. Many of my friends have said for years, in the end shooters will finish themselves, if it's not failing to recognise the true enemy it will be the lead issue or something else yet to appear over the horizon. We must get the facts and the science to defeat or at least hold back the tide of lost land. In answer to your question, no we have given no thought to scaling back because whilst there's still one piece of foreshore to fight for we'll be there to the bitter end. But if some of you don't soon wake up or stand aside for those with the ideas and drive to see them through, I suggest that in not that long a period the last sport shooter in the UK turns out the light as they leave. And some would say serve us right.

I have been wildfowling for almost 50 years. When I first started many older fowlers said shooting will be finished with a couple of decades . That has proved not to be true , indeed wildfowling in my area is in a healthy state ( or was before Kent started grabbing what ever shooting for its self ). Perhaps the biggest threat in the future will be the decline of our quarry as global warming and increasing development on northern breeding grounds reduces our quarry to such a level that shooting becomes indefensible.

Quote” Yes that is correct, subject to our maximum two guest permits per person per season rule. “

I thought Kent WA ideals were to open up wildfowling for all. The clubs I am a member offer more guest tickets per season than Kent WA.

Edited by anser2

Robert if you read my last couple of posts your see I did try in a polite manner. Kent is not the value they keep shouting . Now today I had a VERY interesting chat with a Estate Worker within Gunshot of Thornham Hall whilst looking about. He is not apposed to shooting but does non his self. Could be complete BULL but reckons this season is Kent's LAST Season on Thornham !!!!!!! And I have to admit I saw a comment similar a few weeks back either in this thread or on another forum Is there a Divorce Pending !!!!!!!

Firstly Anser2 let me say you may not have expected us to admit contacting certain landowners where clubs have leases. That's because we haven't and I genuinely don't have a clue where or what you are talking about. Please enlighten us all.

You know full well what I mean about people having their own ground to shoot on, such areas should not be taken at the expense of a club, particularly foreshore shooting. Obviously it would be best if that club was inclusive. You also know that we all accept that a non inclusive club or syndicate would still be preferable to the land being lost to shooting. Although that doesn't seem to apply to KWCA in Norfolk, where some have actually said they would rather a conservation body had Thornham than us. Does anybody in the shooting world actually mean that because if they do let's hope the shooting world never needs to rely on them to preserve the sport for the future, if that really is anybody's view I personally would have them removed from shooting altogether before they do any more damage.

I fail to see how KWCA coming to an area causes issues with the shooting other than because we won't just roll over and play dead to their every whim. A good example is the buffer zones we spoke about at Thornham. Your answer is to keep trading away areas just for the sake of it. Don't you think the shooting world has given enough over the years and what have we ever got in return? I remember many years ago some people in Europe were talking up the idea of no shooting within 1/2 a mile (I think) of any reserve. That thank goodness never got off the ground, but surely history has taught us the more we give the more they want. Stand up and say no before it's too late.

A local officer tells you they are happy or were until the arrival of Kent, and you believe him. He himself may not have a problem, but anyone who has dealings with NE now knows that policy is made much higher up the ladder and many decisions are taken away at local level and passed up the chain. Others have mentioned problems with consents in earlier discussions long before KWCA arrived on the scene, but then again perhaps they consulted Mystic Meg and she predicted we would come so they made a start. For goodness sake wake up.

At last I have found one thing we do seem to agree on and that is loss of habitat elsewhere in the world and the milder wet weather causing problems for our wildlife.

When you say your clubs offer more guest permits than us and challenge our ideals, I think you have not fully grasped the situation, do let me enlighten you. Existing members are entitled to 4 guest permits, but only the same guest twice. In addition we have our own Try Wildfowling Scheme for newcomers to the sport, which requires guides ( again we would consider a couple

of goes in a season enough). It must be remembered that these are designed to be taster/ try before you buy days, they are not there for people to stay on them blocking up the system instead of joining the club as a full member. So we offer as many as possible depending on guide availability. Above all else we offer membership to anyone with a shotgun certificate (Wildfowling/rough shooter member) and then give them the help they need depending on their individual experience to learn and stay with the sport. So don't tell me you and your clubs offer that sort of inclusiveness ( not many). We have heard from people who have tried and never had a chance of getting on a marsh in some areas, only to find out later that friends of friends have been let in. Just in the same way that some Commons rights have been sold to friends of friends all over the Country. A very nice friendly, fair and transparent system some of you operate, perhaps if I get to know the right person I could sell my principles if the deal was right. NOT. In the meantime have a good first if your out and if your not, get out there as soon as possible and enjoy yourselves and above all stay safe.

Robert if you read my last couple of posts your see I did try in a polite manner. Kent is not the value they keep shouting . Now today I had a VERY interesting chat with a Estate Worker within Gunshot of Thornham Hall whilst looking about. He is not apposed to shooting but does non his self. Could be complete BULL but reckons this season is Kent's LAST Season on Thornham !!!!!!! And I have to admit I saw a comment similar a few weeks back either in this thread or on another forum Is there a Divorce Pending !!!!!!!

Keep spinning chaps, someone may believe it and gain hope. We have several years lease to run in the current arrangement and intend to make use of it.

Pushed the button too quick. Not the great value we shout about, are you for real Stalkerboydy? £242 per year inclusive of BASC, access to thousands of acres of Wildfowling spread over 5 counties, all year round access to rough shooting and air rifle shooting, an extra £25 to fish our lakes, dykes and rivers. Your joking surely?

DNT had you bothered to read my previous posts probably about Day Tickets for Thornham/Brancaster I did try to explain why £242 is NOT good value for this sites. You say People are weekly/daily enquiring/joining just for them. I've stated I personally know Kent members who have struggled to obtain tickets so £242 for a ticket lottery value for money !!!!! I think not. Oh yes I understand perfectly why Kent need more ground TO MANY MEMBERS and why your Tickets are restricted TO MANY MEMBERS so no I was not joking. One of members Barls claims no problem to get Tickets for Thornham well I also say I've never had a problem to get Day Tickets from Clubs who shoot from Gibraltar Point to Great Yarmouth WHY because I got off my Butt and not jealous of other Wildfowlers Clubs shooting or rules. Kent restrict shooting and safe guard it so knock others who do the same !!!!! All I see Kent do different is let EVERYBODY join and we go full circle to many members

DNT had you bothered to read my previous posts probably about Day Tickets for Thornham/Brancaster I did try to explain why £242 is NOT good value for this sites. You say People are weekly/daily enquiring/joining just for them. I've stated I personally know Kent members who have struggled to obtain tickets so £242 for a ticket lottery value for money !!!!! I think not. Oh yes I understand perfectly why Kent need more ground TO MANY MEMBERS and why your Tickets are restricted TO MANY MEMBERS so no I was not joking. One of members Barls claims no problem to get Tickets for Thornham well I also say I've never had a problem to get Day Tickets from Clubs who shoot from Gibraltar Point to Great Yarmouth WHY because I got off my Butt and not jealous of other Wildfowlers Clubs shooting or rules. Kent restrict shooting and safe guard it so knock others who do the same !!!!! All I see Kent do different is let EVERYBODY join and we go full circle to many members

Many years ago when we had about 2/3rds of the land we have now some clever chap sat down and worked out the linear mileage of our shooting. This took no account of the area of the saltings, marshes and islands, just the perimeter. It worked out that if every member of the club went out together they would be 600 yards apart. Obviously that's just a desk top exercise, but it illustrates the point of how much land we have available, and remember we now have a lot more. On the point of permits, I issue permits for 11 areas and often cover other permit officers if they are on holiday or unwell, and I can say with complete certainty that on most days those areas are not full and in fact many have no one out at all. That is the joy of a large land holding, plenty of space. Obviously if something happens at a particular area (as when you came to Shellness after the Whitefronts) extra guns may visit the area for a few days. I here the same thing happens in Norfolk and other places when the pinks first turn up, surely that's just human nature. Everything is down to expectation, if you want to purely look at the value for money aspect in relation to shooting opportunities, what would you consider fair? Our new members pay £30 above the subscription rate for the first 5 years which goes to our land purchase fund. So let's break down our membership fee £242 less BASC £59 = £183 less land payment £30 = £153. How many trips do you think would you reasonably expect to get for £153? Ask any sportsman if a local landowner would give them much shooting for tha figure. So even if you lived near a small popular piece of marsh, I would suggest you would get plenty of value for money just for the opportunity to get out with your gun. Take into account the 4 guest permits you are entitled too so you can entertain a friend or visiting relative. Then we come to our senior (60 +) membership £165.50 including the above mentioned BASC and land purchase fund and you can see and do the sums yourself. Finally if then want to join your son or daughter or any young person for that matter our Junior Membership (upto 18) £31.50 including BASC. There's your membership options for the year assuming you joined on April 1st. I don't think anyone in this day and age could say we don't offer good, no I mean EXCELLENT value for money. Surely not even you boys can disagree with that.

Shootingbob I accept you may have an extra expense this year if your waders still haven't turned up. An alternative might be heavy duty rubble sacks over your walking boots and tied at the knee, this might also start a new marsh fashion. Local rumour has it that you are a bit of a fashion guru.

DNT i100% agree as a whole package YES Kent does offer value for money But as I keep stating its Thornham/Brancaster I am relating to AND your day ticket restrictions the example I gave about Shellness. All other Clubs I know myself or anybody could easier and cheaper eg get a chance at Pink or try there given Marsh WITHOUT having to pay £242 to do so. No to be I personally fail to why your good self or AJ don't understand this or is it you don't want to or don't care !!!!! After all Kent claim to a caring listening understanding Club!!!!!! Hand on heart I don't know of any other Club in the British Isles who Boast continuelly how Big they are how Good they are and there the Best nation wide. Have a good look at Kent web or any Kent add its there for all to see.

Quote” When you say your clubs offer more guest permits than us and challenge our ideals, I think you have not fully grasped the situation, do let me enlighten you. Existing members are entitled to 4 guest permits ( the area is only shot 2 days per week ) , but only the same guest twice. In addition we have our own Try Wildfowling Scheme for newcomers to the sport, which requires guides ( again we would consider a couple
of goes in a season enough). “

One club I am of issues 6 guest a season per member while the other offers 4 day tickets on its major shooting area per week and one ticket per guest as a taster on the remainder of its smaller grounds. So both clubs offer more shooting opportunity for non club members than Kent WA.

Quote “Firstly Anser2 let me say you may not have expected us to admit contacting certain landowners where clubs have leases. That's because we haven't and I genuinely don't have a clue where or what you are talking about. Please enlighten us all.

I was contacted at first by several wildfowlers ( including a number of members off this forum ) that your club had been in contact Officially or unofficially with a N Norfolk landowner who already has a club shooting its ground. Informing the clubs officers that was later confirmed with the landowner. Given the way your clubs track record in operating the Wide Spaces Fund into fooling people into thinking they are donating money for conservation when it is in part used to bid for shooting rights I know who I believe.

Quote “Your answer is to keep trading away areas just for the sake of it

At no point in any posts have I ever suggested trading shooting areas just for the sake of it and I challenge you to prove otherwise.

As for shooting close to a reserve footpath. You appear to think its acceptable to shoot right up to footpaths running along the reserve boundary where quite apart of birdwatchers thousands of walkers and families with children walk thought the year. If that is not a PR disaster waiting to happen I do not know what is.

The wildfowling community has to live side by side with the public in Norfolk who for the most part are neutral in shooting matters. Shooting very close to the public the puts all fowling at risk and if you can’t see the sense in reasonable shooting buffers in such places then it brings into doubt you wish to see wildfowling continuing into the future.

Quote” I fail to see how KWCA coming to an area causes issues with the shooting other than because we won't just roll over and play dead to their every whim.

You say you can’t understand the issues the appearance of your club has had on the N Norfolk coast. You can’t be deaf to the issues that have been clearly raised over the past few years in many posts on the subject.

Do you think the N Norfolk clubs have rolled over and played in then! We have had our battles and in the case of the clubs I am a member of we have won most of them indeed better than just won , but have gained shooting ground from NE in an area when shooting had not been allowed. So we are quite capable of managing without Kent WA sticking its nose into matters that do not concern it and making the situation a lot worse.

Edited by anser2

As someone who is a member of KWCA and clubs on the Wash I can only say from experience that I have never found any significant problems obtaining permits to shoot KWCA marshes, in fact more than once it's just been me and the dog alone out under the geese and the setting sun on what must be the most discussed bit of wetlands in the UK, namely Thornham - and at a weekend.

If you want to rub shoulders with fellow wildfowlers though go to Shep White's when the geese are in - it's like Sainsburys car park on the Saturday before Christmas!

Steve

Edited by Diabolo

Steve Shepshed car park is used by 4 Wildfowling clubs along with the public also add day ticket shooters and to be honest I could also state the same claims as your self. Back to Thornham could it be you are one of the Kent members getting 2 other members to book with NO intention of going !!!!!! Oh and please don't tell me that does not happen. And as you and other Pro Kent Supporters would hardly put on a forum the Truth !!!!!! Now had you shot the area for 40 years + and lived 356 days with a view looking over Thornham etc Marsh then just perhaps your views and comments would be different. I accept as others will Kent are there and would seem as DNT says to stay But for the better for Wildfowl and Wildfowling Sorry no never I've seen daily for years the damage done first by outsider's gaining Common Rights and in recent years Kent and it's members. I asked it before if it was rolls reversed would you and Kent be so welcoming and accepting !!!!! Just a quick eg ask a Local genuine Scottish Solway fowler how he feels each season when the Pinks are about. Must dash I've got Bambie to stalk and Geese to study for Monday morning Have a good one where ever you are

Steve Shepshed car park is used by 4 Wildfowling clubs along with the public also add day ticket shooters and to be honest I could also state the same claims as your self. Back to Thornham could it be you are one of the Kent members getting 2 other members to book with NO intention of going !!!!!! Oh and please don't tell me that does not happen. And as you and other Pro Kent Supporters would hardly put on a forum the Truth !!!!!! Now had you shot the area for 40 years + and lived 356 days with a view looking over Thornham etc Marsh then just perhaps your views and comments would be different. I accept as others will Kent are there and would seem as DNT says to stay But for the better for Wildfowl and Wildfowling Sorry no never I've seen daily for years the damage done first by outsider's gaining Common Rights and in recent years Kent and it's members. I asked it before if it was rolls reversed would you and Kent be so welcoming and accepting !!!!! Just a quick eg ask a Local genuine Scottish Solway fowler how he feels each season when the Pinks are about. Must dash I've got Bambie to stalk and Geese to study for Monday morning Have a good one where ever you are

So one bloke out alone on a marsh with a (legitimately obtained) day permit and bag limit is worse for wildfowling than unrestricted shooting by four clubs over the same ground (plus day ticket shooters you say)? Can't see the logic of that, pal.

Might not have been sat looking at the same bit of marsh 24/7 365 days for 40+ years but I am only TRUTHFULLY relating my personal experience. Sorry if that doesn't fit in with your view of things (well, actually I couldn't give a monkeys but one does at least try to be polite).

Steve

. I've said before we get many approaches from landowners and yes other clubs and we have to make a business/ethical decision on how best to proceed. We are not despite what some are saying looking to take over ground that is already under management, but if we are approached or land comes onto the market we may very well be interested. We have recently also been approached by two other clubs asking if we intended to proceed on two transactions in their areas. Both clubs declared an interest, they are very well managed inclusive clubs, and we respectfully withdrew from discussions to give them a clear run. Forgive me but that doesn't sound like a land grabbing greedy club to me. Obviously I can't name those clubs, particularly because discussions over the land are ongoing, and I'm sure many will say it's not true. But importantly we know it's true and so do they. Work with us or at the very least don't obstruct us, and most people find dealing with us a very useful experience. Of course in the end it's up to the individual clubs and their officers to decide what's best for them, however we won't stand aside where there is poor practice and a chance that land will slip away from the wildfowler in the true sense of the word.

So your basically saying that Brancaster and Thornham are not well managed clubs in your opinion so are fair game? Please tell me why you have the power to make that judgement and I know one of the clubs and the land deal you are talking about, more a case of they didn't see the point in bidding against Kent, not that I see why any club should ask Kents permission to bid, seems like complete bullying tactics by Kent to me. Would Kent be the same club who told my shooting partner and me to keep our money as they were having some shooting we had, but they would chuck some crumbs and we could be ticket officers, the only problem was the seller couldn't lay straight in bed at night so the deal never happened and we still shoot the land after the threat of police involvement.

So your basically saying that Brancaster and Thornham are not well managed clubs in your opinion so are fair game? Please tell me why you have the power to make that judgement and I know one of the clubs and the land deal you are talking about, more a case of they didn't see the point in bidding against Kent, not that I see why any club should ask Kents permission to bid, seems like complete bullying tactics by Kent to me. Would Kent be the same club who told my shooting partner and me to keep our money as they were having some shooting we had, but they would chuck some crumbs and we could be ticket officers, the only problem was the seller couldn't lay straight in bed at night so the deal never happened and we still shoot the land after the threat of police involvement.

Jono, I don't think I said Thornham or Brancaster were not well managed, frankly I have no idea how well or badly most clubs are run. But I do know how Kent isi run. We are a fully inclusive club with vast amounts of shooting for everyone ( sorry boasting again), although we prefer to call it advertising to the world what we have achieved and pointing out what we can offer to shooters. If we are so bad why is it that people want to be apart of it. I'll explain that to you as well, people like to be attached to success. It was pointed out to me twice today that there are half a dozen people on here who are happy to slag off KWCA on any issue. Fine carry on. It will make no difference in the end. We will continue to buy/ lease land that we are offered or that comes onto the open market, we will continue to increase membership and although it is disappointing that some of you hold these views and don't want to be involved, in the end it makes no difference because there are far more who do, they are the ones who have tried and failed to join various clubs who are so restrictive in their membership criteria that you have more chance of winning the lottery than getting into one of these clubs. But don't despair KWCA are here and ready to deal with anyone wishing to curtail the shooting of Wildfowl.

Steve your have hit the nail on the head Your dead right you Don't give Monkeys(YOUR WORDS) and nor does it's most of Kent Supporters. And I'm now being polite Please don't refer to me as Pal as I have a name thank you

Sorry for not referring to you by name Mr Stalkerboydy, and you are also dead right - I agree that in all probability most of Kent supporters (your words) don't give a monkeys for your view of things.

Edited by Diabolo

Steve no need for the " Mr " as I'm just a mere humble person who is Passionate about Wildfowl Wildfowling Deer Deer Stalking ( why I've replied this early I'm off Deer Stalking ) but thank you all the same. And I have agree with you probably most of Kent Fowlers don't care about my views But those that Do know me Do. What I do find strange though is how your self and Kent Supporters won't or can't answer How would you feel IF it was Rolls reversed !!!! Or is it maybe it's not so we Don't care !!!! Also what is it you or Kent don't believe what I've said about Thornham and Brancaster or indeed Anser2 Jono to name but 2. I've not said you have not enjoyed Flights alone and been under Geese good luck and well done to you. Repeating myself again lost count of Wildfowlers who I've given the chance to shoot a Norfolk Pink and a least 6 of those have been/are Kent members as I know definitely Anser2 has. So why make out we are Selfish and want Norfolk Wildfowling to ourselves !!!!!! Anyway Bambie calls

Hi as a member of the KWCA my thoughts on the Thornham issue if it was a role reversal scenario. Are my first reaction would be none too happy and I would most likely feel aggrieved to fact of the shooting not being available to our club.

But when I look at the whole story to how it all developed I think that these gut reactions may become less so directed to the new club and more so towards land owner and possible my clubs own lack of vision to prevent this from happening in the first place. KWCA are not immune to this happening to them in the past over the years before I was member they have lost shooting to private syndicates and conservation organisations. And have since tried there upmost to prevent this from reoccurring. if the marsh meant a lot to me and I wanted to carry on shooting it no matter what club had the land I would have to pay up so I could continue to shoot it.

On the other issue of Brancaster , it is a bit different as there are already several parties who have a vested interest into this area and now the KWCA are one of these. Due to the fact that the shooting is controlled via commons rights there is always a chance that something like this was going to happen. The owners of these can sell these to whoever they like and whenever they like, there is already a percentage of common rights holder from out of the county of Norfolk. The KWCA were approached by an owner who wanted to sell their rights on. Is this then KWCA fault that they decide to progress with this purchase. I understand that people have paid lots of hard earned money to shoot these areas and now feel that this could be jeopardised, I sense that a lot of the negatives are circumstantial options, no person from the kwca has stepped foot onto the marsh yet. How much damage can one person per day cause to the area, I would expect that most who visit this area are going to be serious wildfowlers who have similar views on wildfowling as your selves.

The KWCA does not set out to take shooting from clubs which are already in situ and running it well. Their main aim is to ensure shooting continues in areas which are under threat and which may become lost for wildfowlers. I also don’t see why any club should not buy, lease or have a partnership with a existing club due to their geographical location.

What worries me is that we have got all these experienced wildfowlers who cannot come to any kind of middle ground instead of squabbling like little kids in the playground would it not be better to have a more constructive approach to wildfowling matters such as these, I am not saying that everyone is going to see eye to eye. It would make sense if shooters and clubs who have a interest in areas such as those spoken about could co-operate more productively this may well lead to wildfowling on a whole being far more secure a protected for years to come. It seems a waste of knowledge to me, you have got a club like KWCA who have a lot of experience on matters involving wildfowling, land management, land purchases and other legal matters. Would it not make more sense if this was available to other clubs when needed it, and vice versa.

Steve no need for the " Mr " as I'm just a mere humble person who is Passionate about Wildfowl Wildfowling Deer Deer Stalking ( why I've replied this early I'm off Deer Stalking ) but thank you all the same. And I have agree with you probably most of Kent Fowlers don't care about my views But those that Do know me Do. What I do find strange though is how your self and Kent Supporters won't or can't answer How would you feel IF it was Rolls reversed !!!! Or is it maybe it's not so we Don't care !!!! Also what is it you or Kent don't believe what I've said about Thornham and Brancaster or indeed Anser2 Jono to name but 2. I've not said you have not enjoyed Flights alone and been under Geese good luck and well done to you. Repeating myself again lost count of Wildfowlers who I've given the chance to shoot a Norfolk Pink and a least 6 of those have been/are Kent members as I know definitely Anser2 has. So why make out we are Selfish and want Norfolk Wildfowling to ourselves !!!!!! Anyway Bambie calls