Warning from Youtube!!!

Frenchieboy

I've just logged on to Youtube and have been notified that one of my videos (One of the videos about shooting rabbits with a .222 rifle) contained "Inapropriate images" and as such I have been given an official warning!

Being as most of us that post videos on Youtube show contents of animals either being shot or after they have been shot maybe we will have to start rethinking about some the contents of our shooting related videos for Youtube!

I've just logged on to Youtube and have been notified that one of my videos (One of the videos about shooting rabbits with a .222 rifle) contained "Inapropriate images" and as such I have been given an official warning!

Being as most of us that post videos on Youtube show contents of animals either being shot or after they have been shot maybe we will have to start rethinking about some the contents of our shooting related videos for Youtube!

but they are quite happy to show Isis terrorists killing people

Was it any more inappropriate than the videos on youtube of the nutters rant just before the recent shootings in the states, or was it any more inappropriate that the videos of that some extremist groups post?

You've been reported by a bunny hugger I reckon.

I suspect so. When you think that there (Or were) are videos showing the taking of innocent human lives it does seem to be a touch of "double standards.

After all, what would people think more offencive, killing rabbits or the cold blooded killing of people? :hmm:

I know which I think is more offencive! :yes:

Edit: If it is the case that a bunny hugger has reported me then I (And no doubt many other PW members) will quite likely get banned for many of the shooting related videos we upload! :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Frenchieboy

It's a funny old world.

A few weeks ago I got a warning off the *bay for listing an X-Acto modelling knife kit on there. A knife other than cutlery is a prohibited item apparently. However I did a search before listing it to get a guide price and there was dozens of X-Acto knife kits listed ???

yet on plopbay US what cant you buy.double standards from money grubbing clowns.u cant sell knives or sharp pointy stuff but the yanks can. ???? ???? ???? ???? ?????

And they allow the sale of spears too but it is totally unfair that we in Britain have all the restrictions the rest of the world seem to avoid and its about time they started paying full VAT on their business instead of hiding in Luxembourg :no:

copy and paste the warning so we can see exactly what they have put...

Unfortunately I deleted the exact warning that they sent me which "basically read that I had received a warning about posting videos with "inappropriate images/ contents and that the warning would last for 12 months. The video was titled "Rabbits v Hornady A Max (.222 Remington)" which they have now deleted and left a message there reading:

1. 4:44
  1. pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif
  • pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif
  • pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif
  1. Rabbits v Hornady A Max (.222 Remington)
  2. 10 July 2013 9:26
  3. pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif

Rejected (content inappropriate)

and if you click on this masseag you get the following:

Rejected (content inappropriate)

If you're seeing the "Rejected (content inappropriate)" message next to one of your uploaded videos, it means the video in question has been found to violate our Terms of Use. Please review them to be sure you understand what content is acceptable for upload to YouTube and to avoid having additional content removed from the site.

Now if you try to click on the video you get this screen come up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydEA4VIB0qo

Now, going through my "Video Manager" on Youtube I also see that I have a notification by another which reads:

1. default.jpg 4:51
    • pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif
  4. 27 December 2013 8:40
    1. Edit pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif
      • Info and Settings
      • Enhancements
      • Audio
      • Annotations
      • Subtitles and CC
      • Promote
      • Delete
  5. pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif
  6. Video blocked in some countries.

And it appears to have ben blocking in some countries -

I'm not sure why I couldn't finish the previous post off but just after I copied and pasted the details about the video that has been blocked in some countries something happened to my PC and it stopped the script running.

So a slide show of people enjoying theirselves at a "Secret Santa Party" is not allowed in some countries - What the heck is the world coming to?

As for the video about shooting rabbits with a .222 (Very humanely I might add) being deleted by Youtube and labeled as "the contents are inappropriate" but videos of executions and beheadings are fine - Well that I really can't work out, can you?

Revenge of the lads with the springer air gun...... :oops:

TEH

I have got to a stage in life now where I let childish comments such as this one go straight over my head so your "humour"(?) is wasted on me!

Just as a foot note: I still have the original copy of the video and have re-watched and checked it. There are a couple of scenes that have been slowed down and are quite "grapiic" but no more so than many other shooting related videos that are on Youtube. So does this meant that anything about shooting rabbits/vermin that are the slightest bit graphic will find themselves coming under scrutiny (And a risk of getting deleted and a warning given) from Youtube?

As for the video of the slide show from the Secret Santa Party being blocked in some countries, if this is all to do with religion then why are videos of Muslim (And many other religious sects/groups/organisations) shown without anything done to block them from being seen in "Christian Countries"?

it's got nothing to do with religion - it's because of a music copyright issue (U2 i'd hazard a guess)

I understand what you are saying about music copyright issues and you are quite right to think and say that, However if (when you say that) you are refering to the music I used to accompany the Secret Santa Slide Show it was taken from the selection of music tracks offered as copyright free and allowed for free use to accompany videos/slide shows. Had the music been under copyright I would not have used it.

Having said that (I am now refering the the video of rabbits being shot with a .222 rifle which Youtube have deleted and warned me about) I am still struggling to understand how shooting rabbits/vermin can be classed as showing unsuitable contents for public viewing yet videos showing public executions or beheadings (With full graphic scenes) seem to be quite acceptable and allowable on Youtube.

To me this seems to be a case of "double standards" from Youtube so maybe I need to think about finding another "platform" to host any future shooting videos I might care to show.