an umcomfortable moment

steveyg

Had a week in chicago on business however managed to get a couple of days seeing the sites.

Visited the skydeck at the Willis tower which is 1,353 feet high....103 floors up. The skydeck is a platform which extends 4ft from the building and is mainly glass so gives a great view. My turn came and I was about to step on the glass platform when my brain said "don't do it..." anyway I did...a very strange feeling looking straight down over 1,000 feet. cracking view and a great view of the city.

Great trip,I would recommend a long weekend to fit everything in. went to my first ever baseball game,enjoyed the experience buy wouldn't go every week.

Blues clubs and restaurants are superb....

:good:

post-63989-0-50294800-1403954724_thumb.jpg

Edited by steveyg

Amazing! Don't know whether it's just me getting older, more aware of mortality, or probably more aware of the fallibility of man but I used to be bulletproof and would have stepped out in that in a flash, now grown up me says "I know it's safe but lets not risk it"

There's a hotel in Hong Kong and the top floor restaurant has the urinal as a glass wall that overlooks the city so you feel like you're going over the skyline - unless you get shy and have to take a cubicle!

Ah, Steveyg, I wondered where you were. The forum has been a quieter and poorer place for your absence.

For your benefit I will give you a precis of recent reports on PW.

Stevo has now gone 376 shots without a miss. Ditchman reports birds back to 'olden days' numbers but has still not been out. Yickdaz has awoken from his summer slumbers and has started to shoot a few. Cocknee sneaked out of the house twice whilst his wife was not looking and shot good bags on peas. Stuy has now found a few pigeons having almost shot them out in the spring. Aga man has found some on laid barley and is making the most of it. Marshman has shot a few when he has not been using his bus pass joy riding round Norfolk. Motty has been out but he is afraid of making another video in case one of his rare misses is recorded for posterity. PC is still offering sage advice from his sun lounger in Thessallonikiagogogoch. Fenboy is seeing things (porpoises) but not pigeons. I have been out quite a bit and have missed a great many but I have enjoyed every moment.

Guest stevo

Ah, Steveyg, I wondered where you were. The forum has been a quieter and poorer place for your absence.

Stevo has now gone 376 shots without a miss. Ditchman reports birds back to 'olden days' numbers but has still not been out. Yickdaz has awoken from his summer slumbers and has started to shoot a few. Cocknee sneaked out of the house twice whilst his wife was not looking and shot good bags on peas. Stuy has now found a few pigeons having almost shot them out in the spring. Aga man has found some on laid barley and is making the most of it. Marshman has shot a few when he has not been using his bus pass joy riding round Norfolk. Motty has been out but he is afraid of making another video in case one of his rare misses is recorded for posterity. PC is still offering sage advice from his sun lounger in Thessallonikiagogogoch. Fenboy is seeing things (porpoises) but not pigeons. I have been out quite a bit and have missed a great many but I have enjoyed every moment.

errrrrr I think your find I missed in my last video . For god sake man .... keep up !

Thanks for the comprehensive update Jdog.... I have really missed Stevo's videos and sharp shooting..... Glad you have had a few good days out . :good: .