Sign in to follow this  
Jpcurling

Anyone from Aberdeenshire?

Hi everyone, I'm new to shooting.

Had 5 lessons at seals cove. Took the plunge and purchased my first gun - love it. I'm now looking for some more shooting.... Unfortunately i know hardly anyone that shoots clays, If anyone's interested and in the same position as me, give me a shout. Or if anyone has some advice of shooting ranges you can shoot by yourself that would also be great!?

Cheers,

Jp

Hello and welcome to the forum.

There are a few iirc. Aberfowl is from Aberdeen pm him. You will find some of his posts in the Wildfowl section.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

Hey buddy! I'm brand new to clay shooting, have also had a handful of lessons and currently waiting for my sgc through the post.

Would also be looking for a shooting buddy in Aberdeen and shire.

Graeme

I am also from Aberdeenshire (about 25 miles west of Aberdeen City Centre) and would like to shoot (learn & improve) some clays.

I have been up here 2 years now and not been clay shooting!

Hi Jp

I've just seen your post. I do a bit of clay shooting. I live near Insch. Give me a shout if you fancy meeting up at some stage.

Hi there,

I'm in Aberdeen city and shoot at Seals Cove (not near enough!!). Keen to get out shooting as much as possible so give me a shout if anyone is stuck.

Will

Hey guys... I live up Banff direction... if you ever need an extra squad member give me a shout. I work away a lot but have a good lot of time off when i get back and dont mind doing a bit of travel...

Sorry , only just read your message... I was through at Nairn GC on Sunday.....Are Cove open weekdays for non corporate?

Hello all, I've just purchased my first gun also so would be keen to start clays ASAP

I live in Kemnay, where's best to go around here preferably close by, coves quite a trek!

There used to be a deeside clay club but not sure if it's still on the go

I don,t know if there is any interest, but i have a good quality clay trap to sell, I was going to list it in the for sale section but I didn,t think there would be any local interest & it,s to heavy to think of shipping, any interest drop me an e/mail.

Hello all, I've just purchased my first gun also so would be keen to start clays ASAP

I live in Kemnay, where's best to go around here preferably close by, coves quite a trek!

I lived in Oldmeldrum in 1980's but have moved back south now. There was a club at Inverurie (dtl only) and one up at Maud for sporting. I used to go to Deeside but I think it has closed.

Contact Sloan Country Sports at Inverurie and they should be able to tell you where there are clubs.

There is a clay club at cushnie.

Cant remember the right name for it now, I have shot there with the Mrs a few times 😣

Edited by AberFowl

There is a clay club at cushnie.

Cant remember the right name for it now, I should as my FIL is chairman and I have shot there with the Mrs a few times

Broadbog maybe??