Wildfowling Season 2014 - 2015

Wildfowler325

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you get on mate?

pants mate lol. Geese everywhere, and I mean everywhere. However they were out of range where I was on the pill mouth, a few of the guys on the splashes let off a few shots mind you.

Same this morning really, geese geese and more geese, only two duck seeen. But still a very enjoyable day.

I was able to go Wildfowling twice this week, today at Thornham, but on Monday a Marsh entirely new to me at Burnham Deepdale some 5 miles to the East, shooting on a Guest Ticket.

It felt strange to be on an unknown salt-marsh again, I've shot all the marshes around the Wash in my time, from Boston to Heacham, but haven't shot a 'new to me' marsh in 20 + years.

I have to say it was brilliant. I've been lucky this year and have yet to have a blank day,( I've had hundreds in my time of course), my word there's a lot of duck about.

Once again I can claim small credit for the 5 duck bag, my mate, the member there, chose the spot and did all the calling, it only remained for me to hold the gun straight.

He shot better than I managed, particularly his first shot at Teal going like rockets in the half-light of Dawn was both successful and wondrous. Stuff me I thought, you're going to have to do better than your usual **** shooting this morning, or look like a twit.

The best part of the day was watching him working his dog at distance on a blind retrieve, a lot of skilful training on his part making a difficult job seem simple.

Now all I have to do is tell the wife I'm going beating on Saturday, which will make my third day of shooting activities this week......wish me luck please.

pants mate lol. Geese everywhere, and I mean everywhere. However they were out of range where I was on the pill mouth, a few of the guys on the splashes let off a few shots mind you.

Same this morning really, geese geese and more geese, only two duck seeen. But still a very enjoyable day.

I'm out Saturday morning with neil so hopefully will get under them

This morning NOT on the marsh but 2 hours drive from my regular marsh and 10 minutes from home.

post-16219-0-19784700-1412928831_thumb.png

post-16219-0-35829300-1412928875_thumb.png

Ping pong was furious as the Canada is in the back of the car staring at her and she is in the cage :lol:

edited to say sorry about the size of the pics but they are off my phone.

Edited by harrycatcat1

there were people about this morning heard them shooting. great morning and looked beautiful with the low lying fog.

That must have been yours truly and Tony G you heard - there were others about and I did hear a few shots from them.

Was there much about today ?

Mallard & Widgeon - plus we did see a skein of Pinks which past us by high and wide out over the water, didn't see where they went as lost them in the fog.

Pleased to see Tony G christen his new gun - nice widgeon (shame about the 3 shots at that Mallard that flew on by :lol: ).

There was quite a few duck about on the big tide Thursday morning , I did not get a shot however , I was close but not close enough , I saw one bunch of widgeon of 300+ and had mallard over me high and teal over me very low , about 4 ft over my head , it was too dark to see them coming and I was too slow.