cordless dewalt tools

Konnie

Another vote for Makita, for trade use. Possibly not the very best - think Festool / Fein / Flex / Mafell for that. Makita are suberb value

I have 20 year old 9.6V makita stuff, which still works fine - even the batteries are just about OK....

And, with direct very recent experience of makita customer service on a 14 year old SDS+ hammer drill, which was repaired for nothing, under warranty, they will continue to get my folding.

IMHO, Ryobi are about the best of the "DIY" type tools, and very good - decent warranty too.

IME, DeWalt are very poor, the batteries in particular are ****. YMMV

Makita 10.8 twin pack is cracking! I have one as do most of the guys at work and those that don't have Bosch normally backed up by the same in 18v for masonry drilling Backed up by the 36v sds for heavy duty stuff, that said we had a subby in who had the dewalt 18v and the SDS 18v, the guys were impressed with the kit.

Some of the makita kit we have is ancient but going strong! Biggest issue for DIY use is probably the battery conditioning but lithium stuff is much better than the old ni-cd

I have put some seriously big screws in with the 10.8 impact driver and even (not recommended ) used a 51mm holesaw with the drill after my 14.4v cheapie went up in a puff of smoke! To be replaced with a makita if I can convince the firm to cough up for a replacement.

I've been able to use both Makita and Dewalt Impact drivers whilst doing a number of shopfits over the last few months and although I have Makita 18 volt stuff I really believe the new Dewalt kit in 18 volt has more power although they are running on bigger batteries than mine.

Overall though I've been using Makita battery drills for about 10 years now with no complaints.

I've also been using a Bosch 18volt sds which is surprisingly powerfull.