Well lads..........?

Tony G

Morning flight was pants! Watched about 50 Canada's move off in the other direction, but I was patient and waited until about 2:30pm and bagged one!

Dog did the retrieve of his life, so all in all a nice start to the season.

I might just add that I was on the marsh for 3:30am................hence the patience:-)

Edited by Darno

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was matts singing. He give us a rendition of 'Missed Again' by Phil Collins.

Also congratulations to Harrycat for taking home his first ever duck from the marshes. Its not through lack of trying as he could have travelled the circumference of the world on the money he's spent coming to the wash. Its only about his 4th season so its not been a long wait :blush: .But its confirmed that it was his and his alone. He suggests that all the others who have taken him are sacked.

By tonight it will be on the Derbyshire local news at 6. Give it time it will make the papers. News had already hit the Dales long before Harry had got out of Lincolnshire.

PS the dog is mine not the infamous little black Ping Pong. she was still damaging the sea wall chasing mice.

Well done Harrycat. Sorry to hear you are packing it all in while your on top.

I really enjoyed the day, the company was good and the duck was a bonus, my phone was ringing just as I got onto the A17 so the the grapevine was buzzing, Dale and Brownie had just pulled up in a laybye and had just finished :lol::lol:

Despite what ayano66 says I wont be packing it in as I like it too much although the 4 hour round trip is a bind. If there are any doctors on the site could you advise ayano3 on what tablets would suit him as the ones he is taking dont!! :whistling::whistling:

I hope you all have a good season :good::good:

Regards

Hcc

Well to be honest I had half an hours kip after I shot the duck to let the others catch up but they kept waking me up with their shots but no result :whistling: , even ping pong was doing the bacardi breezer dance. :lol:

Derbyshire lads shine again. we may be a fair distance from the sea but "Harry the cat" has put the "ex- pit" lads in the running again!!...he told me he eased up on the lincoln bandits when the clay shoot was on, and said he was going to wait and beat them at their own game, as anyone could win the clay shoot but it would be more painful for them when, he would outshoot them on the wash with a "sawn off shotgun"..., which he has done!!!!....well done "H"...the cream always rises to the top!!!

Edited by DerbyshireDale.

Its been a great day for me. i didnt shoot any fowl but spent a good 5-6 hours walking sitting and watching the duck. I had two opportunities and missed them but was just happy watching the birds today.

And best part is about 3 hours before leaving i saw my first sighting this season of the pinks. I did shoot two pigeons though.

Wasnt a fruitful trip but that doesnt bother plenty of days and time to get a few outings and get a decent bag out.

Two greylag for a 2 shot double then packed up and headed home left home 2am on opening morning left marsh just before 8 am. What a start even though bag limits stopped me shooting another I shouldn't have wanted to and there were only odd ones left out on the roost and nobody else I might upset walking off