France tomorrow

fenboy

Its that time again .

I will be heading over to France tomorrow evening for my annual carp fishing trip .

I hope thing go better than last year when the engine on my van seized up leaving me with a costly flight home and having to scrap the van.

Got a feeling this may be my last year as I do not seem to get the buzz out of it like I use to , lets hope if thats the case I finish with a lump or two.

Hope you have a great trip, still haven't made the pilgrimage over to France. Hopefully next year if I can manage to fit it in. Which lake do you go to fenboy?

This one.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CC0QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.carpdreams.com%2F&ei=AmEbVMvsJ4SPO_PCgIgK&usg=AFQjCNFpv7CqOfBXcNUamkulssAbwuanEg&bvm=bv.75774317,d.ZWU

That looks cracking and relatively inexpensive compared to some French lakes. What's the best you've done on there?

The best I have had is a 52.4 common , the water has changed a great deal since I started fishing it about 6-7 years ago , its gone form a runs water to a real big fish venue and as such the fishing has got much harder though there are some very good catches at time I would say on average if you can manage a fish every 24hrs you are doing ok .

The first year I fished it I had 35 carp , last year 8 the average fish is now very close to 40 lb though depending on the time of year .

Its certainly a water where they will not be climbing up the rods , so if your after a all action holiday its not the place for that unless you book poppys lake which is rammed with carp from doubles to 30lb its not unknown for a angler to have 100 fish in a week on there and sport can be so hectic they often just fish days.

Got a feeling this may be my last year as I do not seem to get the buzz out of it like I use to , lets hope if thats the case I finish with a lump or two.

And in May you said "I am seriousley considering packing in my pigeon shooting." Are you the Board pessimist? Don't go out expecting to not enjoy something. Be positive!

Now go and have some fun. Catch many carp. Catch big carp.

Sorry duplicated post!

A challenge is always good, I stopped carp fishing for a whole as the day ticket waters where becoming a little easy and didn't have enough time with wedding planning to get myself stuck into a nice hard low stocked water. Now that the wedding is out of the way I can go back to being a bank bum :D luckily my friend and I have found a nice old lake to have a crack at, bring on 2015 and the challenge

Edited by Sir_Adam

And in May you said "I am seriousley considering packing in my pigeon shooting." Are you the Board pessimist? Don't go out expecting to not enjoy something. Be positive!

Now go and have some fun. Catch many carp. Catch big carp.

Yes you right , but there are a few reasons to stop the carping .

I enjoy it yes but I do not get the excitement out of it I use to , I enjoy the week away relaxing as much as I do catching big fish.

My first grandchild arrived in March and my second is due the coming March , they are expensive ! , I have a wedding to pay for and still want a holiday abroad with the Mrs , so something has to give.

I have not fished for carp over here for about 3-4 years now so the gear sits mainly unused.

Having said that we will see :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got back at 2am this morning , no breakdown dramas this time thank goodness.

As for fishing I had what was my worst ever trip , not helped by coming out last in the draw and not getting any swim I really fancied .

I only has one carp all week , not a bad one at 41lb 6oz, I also had a sturgeon on the last night , a fish I detest catching !

One swim ( the one I fancied ) produced a lot of fish with the lucky angler having eight between 40-50lb plus a real lump of 68lb and several 30s too.

Well I got back at 2am this morning , no breakdown dramas this time thank goodness.

As for fishing I had what was my worst ever trip , not helped by coming out last in the draw and not getting any swim I really fancied .

I only has one carp all week , not a bad one at 41lb 6oz, I also had a sturgeon on the last night , a fish I detest catching !

:lol:

One swim ( the one I fancied ) produced a lot of fish with the lucky angler having eight between 40-50lb plus a real lump of 68lb and several 30s too.

No breakdowns fenboy, so all those French language lessons were for nothing :lol:

Hello Fenboy.

I have just returned from a week away carp fishing in France. We went to le gravelles, around 150 miles south of Le Mans.

I managed a few stunning fish, including my PB of a 40lb mirror!

I also think I picked up a speeding ticket....oops.

Have fun!

Apologies, I didn't read the full thread! I too landed back early this morning. We got the ferry to Diep.

Edited by BRNDL