baikal U/O

brook

Hi what's all your opinions on the baikal U/O they seem to be well priced but what's the quality like are they robust and do they get the job do?

Solid robust honest reliable workhorses. As already said they arent the prettiest but they will outlive most other brands. I cant think of a tougher and hardier brand.

There is no truth in the rumour that the stocks are made from left over sleepers from the trans Siberian railway .

Unless the sleepers were made from walnut or beech, my O/U is beech and doesn't smell of creosote !!

But the barrels are made out of T54 tank armour.

Ha Ha

I love mine, I agree with all of the above, but I still love it, in fact I am going to sell my Webley and buy another Baikal

Many years ago we bought our cartridges from a local clay club and decided to have a go at 25 down the line, after my friend was questioned by one of the club members " why do you shoot those old russian guns wouldn't you rather one of these modern Berrettas" "Not really you can't knock a net peg in with it" says it all .