Bettinsoli - opinions

rich_morris

some and some I believe, depends if you get lucky.

there are members on here who have them and have no problems.

they used to have a reputation of double discharging.

the only person I know who actually owns one bought it new last year, and has had double discharge trouble with it, sent it back and it

came back over adjusted and wouldn't always fire the second barrel.

personally wouldn't buy one.

I would steer clear.they are not reliable and will not stand the test of time.i know three people who bought these all new and sold them within three months.and took a large hit on the price.as with all these things stick with the proven makers beretta.browning.miroku.you wont go far wrong or lose a lot.atb

Look fab, but that's about it IMO as a lefthander they are one if the few that offer factory LH stocks at same price as RH which is great, shame the rest of the gun is so pants.... I am always drawn to the in dealers racks and they feel very point able only shot one once and it was ok but the longevity and internal finish out me off buying one. A used miroku is a better gun even if 30 years old and will give less trouble long term and be worth more when you come to sell. Only reason to buy one would be if it fitted you perfectly and you needed steel proof and had a max of £700 to spend IMO

I have had three over the years,the last one had to have the rebound springs replaced two weeks after i bought it,the one before that i sold it to someone at the clay shoot i go to,that one had the same problem,you get what you pay for,there are better guns for that money the likes or lanber,lincoln,or franche,like someone has mentioned you may be better going for a used miruko or browning,a far better decision.

And its fair to mention secondhand Beretta's and Brownings can need expensive fixes. They are not "fault free" ..

A mate of mine bought a new Bettinsoli. Shortly after purchase it had to have a modification regard to unintentional double discharge. Quick and free of charge fix. Has since had 5 years totally trouble free usage. A far nicer and well made shotgun "once modified", a visually impressive shotgun, all the more so when considering its cost.

All makes can have problems .. a post recently on PW had a Beretta that had blown its barrel out. A very dangerous occurrence! ... lm unsure of the factual reason, and lm not speculating whether its a user fault or a badly manufactured shotgun ... The Bettinsoli is worth consideration.

Edited by hoggysreels

At the minute I'm considering buying a new bettinsoli I have done a search on net and it has brought up a few scary stories double discharge barrel selector etc

Thing is people never start a post to say how good their purchase was they always post to say what's gone wrong and can anyone help etc

If bettinsoli was really that bad their shotgun production would fail as no one would buy something to be guaranteed to be let down by their shotguns.

There are many people out their that have bettinsoli's and can't fault them.

Bettinsoli's are great looking guns for the money and in my opinion shoot and fit well for me, the equivalent looking gun from berreta would cost perhaps £5000 new and I can't justify spending that sort of money on a shotgun, if we all won the lotto I'm shore we would all have the best of the best

I had a brand new beretta that decided it didn't wanna fire the bottom barrel, any brand can fault.

Edited by Rst1990

Brilliant and well built guns in my opinion. They handle pretty well and do the job and at the end of the day you're not hugely fussed if you pick up a few scratches on the woodwork or barrel. I've had mine since 2011 and paid £795 brand new and I know the prices have risen since then but you would easily pick one up for your budget. I've not had a single with problem with mine since I bought it and really do highly recommend them as for the money it's just faultless! My advice would be to try some guns out before you buy them if possible, get a feel for shooting them before making you're final decision.

Ive got a bettinsoli diamondline delux, as all of the above really good looking gun really cheap, i did have the double discharge but it only happens when firing top barrel first and only happens at the 46-50 shot mark i know this as i was shooting clays at the time, happend on two or three occasions, switched the barrel selector to fire bottom first and its never done it since and now ive stopped getting grief off the lads for being the only one shooting top barrel first :D