That time of year again. its time for a new SEMI AUTO in the cabinet.

hunting

Think all new modern semis will cycle all modern carts without trouble. They all have their own versions of the adjustable gas valve or chamber porting.

Application for the user is the main factor in choice.

Big loads or low recoil a Beretta with kick off. Or the hefty Versamax

Light fast hide gun anything from the main big names or the cheaper autos are becoming very good, just what fits and handles as you want.

Figgy

dont no where you boys shop ,but paid £1550 for mine brand new 2 years ago ,never missed a beat ,have had it compleatly submerged in water and mud and still fired and recycled fine ,have put 1000 s of round through it and the only thing it wont recycle is 21 gram x comp ,but who the hell wants to shoot them anyway. so from my experiences with it. totally outstanding bit of kit . but each to there own .

Find it funny how Beretta have a following in the shooting community just as Apple do in the tech community.

"It's the best just because it is, no matter what"

as do browning , Remington ,ect ect , we all think we made the best choice , and enjoy winding each other up about it .its called friendly banter .if its fits me and I like it , I will buy it and shoot it , and enjoy it . take this afternoon for instance , I have been out with a cheap old single barrel Baikal , and loved it .

Edited by stevo

In 2009, the ten millionth Remington Model 870 was produced, and the 870 holds the record for best-selling shotgun in history.

make of that what you will.

johnnie

edit---- and i still cannot get hold of a 1/4 choke

well its a pump action for a kick off , and the OP was asking about a semi auto , so what I will " make of that " is you didn't read the title haha

atb

Guest cookoff013

You could have a new Bernardelli for that sort of money.

100% made in Italy; steel proofed, but only 3" chamber.

webber

i looked into that, but the sx3 is a real good value gun for alittle less. money.

on guntrader they go for £699.

i actually could live with a 3"