Coffee recommendations please.

harrycatcat1

I am not a connoisseur of coffee but I do like the taste of McDonalds coffee and Costa coffee. I have one of those small cafeteria things(spelling) one of those little glass pots with a plunger things that I had bought me.

So, what coffee should I buy or you could recommend the above type tastes, please.

Regards

H

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just had a delivery from Rave coffee this morning (www.ravecoffee.co.uk) and got a couple of packs of expresso beans. If you don't have a grinder (and you need a burr grinder ideally) them just pick a coffee that appeals and order in cafetiere grind.

The taste of any true fresh coffee, not supermarket bought, is miles nicer

Edited by Peskyfoxs

I used to sell coffee beans and my favorite supplier was Cherizena http://cherizena.co.uk/store/ a fair priced excellent coffee was the Blue Mountain Blend, super blow your brains out strength was Emperor Blend. If you wanted to spend a little more my favorite by far was the Cuban Cubita,

Apart from using these guys as a supplier for a couple of years I have no affiliation with them etc so hope I haven't crossed a line by posting what could appear to be an advert.

I have just had a delivery from Rave coffee this morning (www.ravecoffee.co.uk) and got a couple of packs of expresso beans. If you don't have a grinder (and you need a burr grinder ideally) them just pick a coffee that appeals and order in cafetiere grind.

The taste of any true fresh coffee, not supermarket bought, is miles nicer

Rave signature is stunning

If you like latte then there is no substitute for and espresso machine with milk steamer. you can't make the same with a cafetiere but you can make a nice coffee.

there is a web site called HOTDEALS uk , you might need to be patent, but Tassimo frequently offer their machine for a silly low price and hotdealsuk pick it up, like £35 with a £10 starter voucher, I still use the machine and regularly order their pods.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/search?action=search&keywords=tassimo

or costa are doing an offer

http://www.costa.co.uk/menu/costa-at-home/

then you get one of these

http://www.google.co.uk/shopping/product/4771403896141777219?lsf=seller:80823,store:3826111251119461675&prds=oid:16713353838422412174&hl=en

2280-milk-frother.jpg

and froth semi skimmed milk

done deal

neill

Rave signature is stunning

If you like latte then there is no substitute for and espresso machine with milk steamer. you can't make the same with a cafetiere but you can make a nice coffee.

I'm using a Gaggia Classic with Rancilio Silvia wand mod and a Hario Skelton hand grinder. A benefit of working from home is I always get a decent coffee :)

I'm using a Gaggia Classic with Rancilio Silvia wand mod and a Hario Skelton hand grinder. A benefit of working from home is I always get a decent coffee :)

I have similar but with a mignon grinder I don't work from home anymore so drink mostly tea at work !

Taylors of Harrogate - a variety of strengths but I like Lazy Sunday.

What she said! I've not yet served Lazy Sunday to anyone who doesn't accept it a second time. I like their Italian coffee for after dinner as well.

Finding a style of coffee you like is just as important as the brand. I like Columbian coffee, which is mostly marked "3" for strength as a cafetiere coffee with milk. If I'm having an espresso based coffee I'll have a much stronger roast, possibly "French".

God, I miss proper coffee! I have these fabulous beans from Uganda that I can't really have right now because my caffeine intake is controlled. *sob*

My set up is:

Gaggia Classic

Kitchenaid Grinder

Freshly roasted beans delivered weekly from Two Day as I mentioned above

The tamper I use you can see if you look slightly to the left

I'm a bit of a coffee geek and it's no different from wine, whisky etc, if you know what you like then go for it. I am very wary of the capsule style machines and wouldn't personally have one but I respect those who do, each to their own etc. I drink either pure espresso or a short coffee made up of a double espresso shot, little splash of hot water, and cold milk. I don't really do the latte, cappuccino thing. My coffee if I'm out and about would probably be a Flat White. It's the best thing Costa do in my opinion. Starbucks flat white isn't as good but on the other hand I prefer their pure espresso.

Next step for me is roasting my own beans. Mmmmmmmmm.

I like expandable hobbies...especially when they involve food and drink.

I started wondering about the feasibility of growing & drying my own coffee beans after seeing them growing at Oxford botanical gardens. Then I realised that considering the amount of coffee I drink, and the amount of sun we get in the UK, it would be a bit of a foolish hobby, even by my standards!

Absolutely hate the stuff but my son loves these,

http://www.walmart.com/ip/21777814

http://www.walmart.com/ip/20918331

My friend is in Florida now and is bringing a few pounds of the Mocha Mint back for him, I've also ordered 24 tubs (exactly one backpack full!) for him to collect when we go over in December as well!.