Rare sightings

FOXHUNTER1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

found a dead body once, a cyclist had an accident and broke his neck ..... will never forget it (i was on my way to my driving test! and passed, the tester made me drive back past the cyclist and witness the rozzers and ambulance etc)

watched mackerel chase whitebait up on to the beach - the sea looked like it was boiling

Saw a chaps photo on PigeonWatch (a selfie I think they are called) but he was totally naked with is cock out, erect I seem to remember, best ask Zapp

Saw and played with a blowhole - I think the place is called Wormshead on the Gower

Also has a flock of Long Tailed Tits come around me when in camo an wedged into a hedge whilst shooting

I'd just like to point out that whilst the cock story is true, malkiserow mentions me because I removed the picture, not because I was in it.

Iv seen both pine martins and red squirrels in pitlochry,

I caught a rainbow wrasse off anglesey, not rare or anything but when you've never seen its pretty surprising i can tell you.

I was amazed.

I work in pest control and killed a proper wild albino rat a few months ago that was a bit of a shocker.

I'd just like to point out that whilst the cock story is true, malkiserow mentions me because I removed the picture, not because I was in it.

Spot on, I hope nobody thought it was actually Zapp in the mirror. ....... but the clarity is probably worth the mention before someone gets any ideas

Teal uses the word "disturbing" which is quite appropriate ...... along with "funny" and thankfully a truly "rare sighting" and "pigeonwatch gold"

I obviously lead a sheltered life

I once saw bazzab hit a pigeon he was shooting at

Colin

The second I saw this thread I thought "hello people are going to make wild statements that are clearly false and no one will believe...... I rest my case Colin!!!!!!

I hit a pigeon hahahahahaha. You've such a wild imagination.....

Saw a peregrine wrestling a feral pigeon when walking the dog in the local park the other day, not to rare but I live right in town and this is the park that youths congregate with the white lighting etc. ( near Kingsway in Derby) have seen one a few times before fly past once with a pigeon in it's grasp! Great to see! Apart from that some of my best sightings have been an otter from a train, and a kingfisher on the Derwent, again not to rare but special to see.

The most impressive bird I have seen here in Shetland would be a white tailed sea eagle. I saw a family of otters last week. The best otter sighting I have had was one time an otter was trying to get a hold of one of my mallard decoys, it was one of the nearest decoys so it was just feet away.

Saw a peregrine wrestling a feral pigeon when walking the dog in the local park the other day, not to rare but I live right in town and this is the park that youths congregate with the white lighting etc. ( near Kingsway in Derby) have seen one a few times before fly past once with a pigeon in it's grasp! Great to see! Apart from that some of my best sightings have been an otter from a train, and a kingfisher on the Derwent, again not to rare but special to see.

I used to work in offices in Clarke St near the plod shop and the peregrines from the cathederal always used to come and perch on the phone mast outside the office.

Was great to see them, especially when they brought the chicks out for training :good: