This week,

lurcherboy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dropkick murphy's rockkkkkkkk :lol:

Now you are talking, saw them live a few years back. Try "Flogging Molly" if you like the Dropkicks.

Also try the later albums by the Meteors, you will like them, I promise. :lol:

saw them at Leeds festival in '05, and recently when they were supporting less than jake ~ although personally i would have thought less than jake should have been supporting them. flogging molly be one of my favs already. cheers for the meteors tip though :lol:

This week has kicked off with, thanks to my very good freeloading friends at ********, the following artists.

Black Uhuru, Sweet, The Groundhogs, The Saggy bottom boys, Slade, Tubeway Army, The specials, Toots and the Maytals, T-rex, Smiley Culture, Amon Dull, Suzi Quatro, Alison Krause, Dillinger, 999, and The Mighty Diamonds.

So much music and so little time left <_<

LB

Delta/Chicago blues here, Blind Willie Johnson, Son House, Robert Petway, Robert Johnson and JLH of course

I with you on all of the above can't beat them blues. I saw Steven Segal & Thunderbox Blues band 2 weeks ago in Worthing, they were very good Steven Segal's playing was alot like BB's <_< :blink:

Yeah and welcome back LB. :good: I dont do rings. <_<

This week I have been mainly listening to my 'Axe it up!' Radio station on www.pandora.com. I've mixed up a collection of old and young 80's type rock n roll. AC/DC to Van Halen to Rolling Stones to The Who. It rocks. :blink: :blink: :o

Greenday, Dire Straits, Gary Moore, Thin Lizzy, Paul Weller, Queen, U2 and Led Zepplin.

Proper Rock and R&B, none of this modern day s****, with whistles, bells and alarms going off set againest an extremly fast bass line.

SS <_<

Always makes me laugh when I hear kids to day say "have you heard that new one by so & so", when they have no idea that it's a remake of a song brought out in the seventies and eighties. Just like that recent Dance remix of Pink Floyds "Brick in the wall. :blink: :blink: If only they knew.

Cant be doing with paying for it. :blink:

Axe it up! Enjoy. :good:

just checked it out AXE, top drawer fella <_< :blink:

Question,

Ronald Belford Scott or Brian Johnson

for the record this week i've dug out Geoff Waynes, War Of The Worlds and yes it still sends me to sleep very nicely thankyou

Cheers TP :unsure:

Its gotta be Bon. I have nothing against Brian after all DC would probably have died a death without him. But I do wonder what Back in Black would have sounded like with Bon singing it. Bons' cheeky drunk ramblings on tracks like Big Balls made him one of the best singers i've heard in a rock band. :good:

It's good to take it all in Cranners, so I would say no (don't listen to the others)

She had one of the purest singing voices of all times, almost spookily so..

However, this week I can't stop listening to Lilly Allen and of course the Arctic Monkeys :unsure: