OFFICIAL PW WEIGHT LOSS THREAD

Browning 425 clay hunter

I need to lose some weight if i'm honest. Year upon year I keep mentally telling myself I'll do it this year then don't do anything about it. I'm off to Spain in the summer for the rugby so would love to be a better shape this year for it than I was last. Also partaking in dryathlete for cancer research so no alcohol throughout january so hopefully that will help as I won't lie, I do enjoy my beer on an evening.

Currently weigh 14st 9 1/2. 5' 9" tall. Stocky but also sporting a belly. Healthier eating is how I plan to combat my problem, doing a bit more exercise and drinking a lot more water. I don't get time to join a gym with my job sadly but nothing stopping me doing some exercise once home on an evening before bed.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really could do with spurring myself on again to try and shake some of the lard off but nothing ever seems to work :/

I used to be a skinny little runt up till about 14-15 then all of a sudden I shot up and by the time I was about 22/23 i was about 20st and have been at that more or less ever since.
Nothing I've done to lose weight works.
I eat healthy generally and my daily intake never often exceeds 2000 calories and I have a very active work and social lifestyle.

I was diagnosed with an under active thyroid when I was younger after I went to see my GP about feel tired all the time and gaining weight but whenever I've asked about medication they never seem to want to know :|
I also asked for to see a dietician for tests to see if I have any food allergies such as gluten etc. which can cause weight gain but again, I was refused.

If I could even just get down to 16 stone that would make me amazingly happy.

14-15 stone would be a happy level for me in an ideal world though.

Edited by HuskyRich

For those like me who have got a fair bit to lose I'd suggest looking at the Atkins diet. It's not for everyone but I lost 4st in 6 months. It is very strict in what you can and can't eat but you can't argue with the way it works. It's not a long term or sustainable diet but it's good to use for a while to help get some weight off quick. Plus once you see fast results it gives you more motivation.

I'm certainly no expert but if anyone wants any info give me a shout. Has anyone rlse found a particular type of diet successful ? If so share it with the rest of us.

ATB 425

Well I'm in as well, I run a pub and not the easiest job to loose weight, I'm 6ft and weigh 15st 1lb so would like to be down to below 13.5st and loose my belly fat.

I'm doing the 5:2 diet as a few people I know have done it and find it ok to carry on with, so you can stay on it :)

Good luck all look forward to seeing progresses :)

Tom

Has anyone rlse found a particular type of diet successful ? If so share it with the rest of us.

ATB 425

I've always found that the most important thing is portion control.

If out at a restaurant for dinner, I'll have a starter, then a starter as my main course.

I'll have a pint of beer, and a pint of water alongside it, and drink from whichever is fuller.

For an evening snack at home, 2-3 spoons of granola, with a couple of spoons of low-fat yoghurt over it.

Lots of grains for me - porridge in the morning. I make a batch of flapjacks once a week, and they're another 'go-to' snack, rather than biscuits.

Oh, and the most important thing of all : exercise. I'm lucky, in that we have a smallholding, so that keeps me active, but we also play badminton 2 or 3 times a week to a competitive level (county league).

I also run, though not as much as I should do. However, running (or even jog/walking) is fantastic for losing weight. C25K is brilliant for people just starting on exercise.

Ai don't lose it too fast lads. You wanna lose the fat not your lean mass.

I'd rather weight 15st with 10% fat than 14st with 20% fat.

Good tips for keeping lean mass -

Tey to eat 1g of protein for every lb of lean mass you have (if your 200lb and 15% fat then = 170g)

Exercise / lift some weights 3 times a week

Calories in will be the biggest thing for weight loss, as suggested myfitnesspal app is free and you can track all your food.

Some people protest how little they eat till you add it all up and they're stuffing the grub in lol!

Ok first weigh in this morning, not a bad start:

Start weight 14st 13.5lb

Todays weight: 14st 8.25lb

So just over 5lb lost for the first 8 days.

Cheers

Aled

Top job Aled.

My weigh in is Monday morning so will have to be canny with the calories over the weekend,but apart from Wednesday ive hardly eaten so will be hoping for a decent drop.

Well it's Monday so weigh in day. Ive just clocked in at 17st 12lbs so that's a loss of 10lbs for me this week. It good but as I've done the Atkins before it's not all fat, there's some water loss in there too. This week should be around a 5lbs loss then it should settle down to around 3-4lbs a week. Good luck everyone

This helped me.

30th March 2014,bought a juicer. Switched to homemade muiseli,wholemeal-grannary etc bread,rice and pasta.

Have now bought a pressure cooker and intend to eat more beans. Last night had pinto beans= nice.

I am not being anal about my food,still getting the odd bickie or cake,cod n chips etc.

Someone mentioned homeade flapjacks-will have to google that, WHATS THIS? missus just handed me beaker of crapple.

Whats that? I hear you ask. Crapple= apple and carrot juice with tiny bit of ginger.Tell you what,its bloody yummy.

So thats muiseli with loads of grain and nuts,seeds dried fruit etc. Midday will be wholemeal bread with mature cheddar+cucumber and tonight more pinto beans.

I have not weighed Myself for twenty years plus,TOO depressing. Sinse starting I have moved back four notches on my belt.

Good luck Folks.

ATB Bryan.

After surviving on coffee,tea and cup a soups was looking for a big drop and gone from 17 2 down to 16 2 so absolutely delighted.Have been out with the guns and dogs near every day and doing plenty when im in the hoose and managed to stay occupied at the weekend to stop me scoffing.

The missus has bought loads for stir fries so will start having them in the evening.

002_zps0908b9b4.jpg