what can i use to feed pheasants

adi786

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks, never bought grains off asda/tesco's do they sell them or need to buy from someone else.. will try to go and feed the *******, and hopefully on Wednesday/thursday will get few..

It isn't as easy as standing there with a handful of grain, calling 'here phessie, phessie'.

thanks, never bought grains off asda/tesco's do they sell them or need to buy from someone else.. will try to go and feed the *******, and hopefully on Wednesday/thursday will get few..

I do not think you understand the concept of feeding pheasants :no:

lol i've made it confused... well one of my field got some pheasants but they move around, so am looking forward to feed them so they stay and more comes in... so once few been gathered, can have a go on them... :rolleyes:

going to feed them till next week, and hopefully will go next wed/thursday, wont be as you said.. which makes me :lol: "'here phessie, phessie"

If you look in all the supermarkets they sell wheetabix. Go for the bite size ones. Don't read the instructions as you won't require milk. Once you get a few birds at what could be termed as your breakfast table apply for a shotgun cert and hope the birds are still there once you have a gun. Sorry,I assumed you don't have a gun.

If you look in all the supermarkets they sell wheetabix. Go for the bite size ones. Don't read the instructions as you won't require milk. Once you get a few birds at what could be termed as your breakfast table apply for a shotgun cert and hope the birds are still there once you have a gun. Sorry,I assumed you don't have a gun.

Right ayano3, just unloaded the landy of 3 cwt of wheat and replaced it with 287 boxes of wheetabix. I'm off to feed the pheasants.

I could be some time...

Do they take sugar and milk?

You need to put the wheat into the hollow of a brick and place this by a hedgerow. Sprinkle the wheat with pepper.

When the Pheasants go to get the wheat then they'll sneeze and smash their heads on the brick.

Saves me a fortune in cartridges every season :good:

Simply not on to poach anothers birds :no: However! If one were to fly over your land of it's own accord, then that is somewhat different! But to lay down feed to deliberately pull in neighbouring birds, I find is not cricket dear boy! For what they cost, plus feed and pens! Why not rear a few dozen of your own? If you have a little woodland on your land, some scrub or marsh! You could do well building a pen in the woods and giving it a go! Get a few friends to chip in with you, and make a go of it. As for feed! Your cheapest option would be a local cereal farmer. There are plenty of additives to keep your birds from wandering.

Right ayano3, just unloaded the landy of 3 cwt of wheat and replaced it with 287 boxes of wheetabix. I'm off to feed the pheasants.

I could be some time...

Do they take sugar and milk?

You can use milk but I'd stay away from the sugar dentists won't be happy with the cavities and as for the price

lol KFC "Saves me a fortune in cartridges every season" and quite few others.. Well there's no poaching or am not pulling someone's else birds, they're in my permissions, issue is the end they tend to hide is towards canal/river pass way, while looking for them they fly towards river and i cannot shoot them. so am trying to get them to other side of land, you go today/tomorrow. if they fly any other way then river pass by its all my permissions next to each other. So there's nothing dodgy am trying to do, was just a thought as haven't got a lot experience doing all this.. SO relax :good:, and thanks for getting back with some useful answers....

You need to put the wheat into the hollow of a brick and place this by a hedgerow. Sprinkle the wheat with pepper.

When the Pheasants go to get the wheat then they'll sneeze and smash their heads on the brick.

Saves me a fortune in cartridges every season :good:

thanks for making me spit my tea out laughing :lol: