Psyxologos

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we will re establish dads army.

KW

Well my dad (91) says that perhaps they should send in the 90 - 100 year olds first then the 80 - 90 year olds etc. He reckons that regiments of old gadgees tottering across no mans land would result in a meet up and a breather in the middle and a quick resolution as they discussed the stupidity of conflict

But how far do you go back in the family tree to deport them for murder? Grand parents, great grand parents. I work with a guy who traced his family tree to find that his great great grandfather came from Russia as a young boy. Would he be eligible for repatriation if he committed murder. If that were the case then Britain and Ireland had better prepare for an influx of murders for the USA and Canada.

I think there is a difference between murder in the normal sense and terrorist atrocities.

The other alternative is just to make terrorism or support for terrorism a mandatory life sentence with no parole.

But look at the instances we have had in this country, Bird killed himself, moat killed himself, Hamilton killed himself. 7/7 bombers blew themselves up. How could an armed citizen have stopped them?

Armed police could have stopped him early on when he started shooting at them.

Any armed citizen walking u could shoot and stop a nutter from creating carnage, instead they have to run and hide to avoid being a victim.

There plus points to armed citizens along with negatives.

Edited by figgy

Any armed citizen walking u could shoot and stop a nutter from creating carnage, instead they have to run and hide to avoid being a victim.

You have to remember that these people are cowards, they pick weak targets schools etc and don't expect to live long. They try to do the maximum damage in the shortest ammount of time.

Interesting though, the main difference is about religion but I can't recall a bomb in a church or a shooting at a sunday school meeting or fundraising event for a bell tower?

Maybe the terrorists are afraid that they'll get a beating from a church warden or a female vicar or maybe a pensioner with a tin of buns? They would probably be more effective than our politicians! :lol:

You have to remember that these people are cowards, they pick weak targets schools etc and don't expect to live long. They try to do the maximum damage in the shortest ammount of time.

If a lot of ordinary people were armed it would be a very short time.

I think we need to build bridges with the moderate and decent British Muslim people! We need THEIR help in locating the radicalised, and those who do the brain washing. I worked for a Muslim family for a few year. We called the old fella FATHER. He looked after all his staff. Muslim and Christian alike. He was a genuine caring fella! He decked the place with Christmas trees etc for us, even though Muslims didn't celebrate it. We refered to him as a Coconut. He might have been Brown on the outside! But inside, he was as White as we were! I was proud to know him!

I have Muslim colleauges where I work now! I know there is a world wide problem, that seems to revolve around certain muslim fanatics! But there are some really good people in their religion too. I know it can seem so easy to throw them all out! But it's just plain wrong.

I genuinely think that working TOGETHER we can build a better future for ALL our Children!

Edited by Lord Geordie

Can you imagine legal carry of concealed weapons in this country? How many lethal weapons would be straight into the hands of every toerag, criminal and braindead moron? They get them illegally but at least that's a crime!

I think there is a difference between murder in the normal sense and terrorist atrocities.

The other alternative is just to make terrorism or support for terrorism a mandatory life sentence with no parole.

I don't think we should call them terrorists, it gives them political legitimacy. Remember the people who were one classed as terrorists who are now in the Houses of Parliament. One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

Murders or mass murders calls them what they are.

Can you imagine legal carry of concealed weapons in this country? How many lethal weapons would be straight into the hands of every toerag, criminal and braindead moron? They get them illegally but at least that's a crime!

It still would be as they wouldn't get a ticket to own one.

18 people shot dead by terrorists and that's the only comment you can make.

well at least i can make a comment without fear of being shot-blown up, or whatever...........the sad thing is that governments across the world continue to bury their heads in the sand ,,,,and the problem will continue......what has happened in the last couple of days will make no difference.....there will be lots of poitico gobbly-de-gook.......the families of the people who have been slaughtered will continue to ask WHY....but nothing will really happen......all very sad really...

I think we need to build bridges with the moderate and decent British Muslim people! We need THEIR help in locating radicalised, and those who do the brain washing. I worked for a Muslim family for a few year. We called the old fella FATHER. He looked after all his staff. Muslim and Christian alike. He was a genuine caring fella! He decked the place with Christmas trees etc for us, even though Muslims didn't celebrate it. We refered to him as a Coconut. He might have been Brown on the inside! But inside, he was as White as we were! I was proud to know him!

I have Muslim colleauges where I work now! I know there is a world wide problem, that seems to revolve around certain muslim fanatics! But there are some really good people in their religion too. I know it can seem so easy to throw them all out! But it's just plain wrong.

I genuinely think that working TOGETHER we can build a better future for ALL our Children!

I can't argue with that, the old gent sounds like the type of person I would respect. I've worked with muslims(and others) all over the country and I admit that most are lovely people, caring and family orientated. There is a new type though, in my last few years working in London, the Midlands and North I saw an increase in Asian youths that had little or no respect for their parents, police or anyone else. Arrogant little **** always looking for trouble and usually finding it. Drugs and drink, crime and confrontation. If the parents have money they use it to keep little Ahmed out of court.

I think we need to build bridges with the moderate and decent British Muslim people! We need THEIR help in locating the radicalised, and those who do the brain washing. I worked for a Muslim family for a few year. We called the old fella FATHER. He looked after all his staff. Muslim and Christian alike. He was a genuine caring fella! He decked the place with Christmas trees etc for us, even though Muslims didn't celebrate it. We refered to him as a Coconut. He might have been Brown on the outside! But inside, he was as White as we were! I was proud to know him!

Have to disagree , these jihadhis will always be here. I think it will only get worse as these extremists will just carry on regardless . The next World War will be Muslims against the rest of the world ....

Have to disagree , these jihadhis will always be here. I think it will only get worse as these extremists will just carry on regardless . The next World War will be Muslims against the rest of the world ....

The next world war will be over water

How do you know? They're not going to put "future terrorist" on the application are they?

There are such things as Territorial Army reserves who are allowed guns - the only difference proposed is that approved ( fully and specially screened) members of the public would undergo extensive training and be allowed to carry concealed weapons, in support of the police etc.

Its a bit like calling in the National Guard in America. The idea has merit in my view and its a cheap, effective way of putting armed law enforcement on the streets.

Would you volunteer ?

There are such things as Territorial Army reserves who are allowed guns - the only difference proposed is that approved ( fully and specially screened) members of the public would undergo extensive training and be allowed to carry concealed weapons, in support of the police etc.

Its a bit like calling in the National Guard in America. The idea has merit in my view and its a cheap, effective way of putting armed law enforcement on the streets.

Would you volunteer ?

Yes I would and so would most of us.

And the first time some terrorist opened up with an ak47 most would be too scared to be of any use.

Maybe, but at least I would feel I was trying to make a difference.

Better than lying on the ground wounded to be shot in the head like that poor policeman. And he was a muslim too.

It wouldn't be that cheap!

approx 6 week initial training course then another 12 days training a year minimum. That wouldnt include yearly medicals, fitness tests, first aid, driving courses, personal safety training and all the other course you would have to do to represent the crown.

Then insurance and you would need to be paid for your services.

You might think its a bit much but this is a minimum you would need to do, not just to save the public but also your own life.

And the first time some terrorist opened up with an ak47 most would be too scared to be of any use.

What evidence have you have to back that statement.

I do know that a guy here that was attacked by three guys one with Ak/47s he shot and killed one and the others took off like the cowards they were.

approx 6 week initial training course then another 12 days training a year minimum. That wouldnt include yearly medicals, fitness tests, first aid, driving courses, personal safety training and all the other course you would have to do to represent the crown.

The police here that are armed all the time on and off duty , don't have near that amount of firearms training and they manage OK. If people are against arming civilians arm the police and require them to carry them on and off duty. Then they might have an opportunity to do something in a similar situation instead of hiding with the civilians. And waiting for the cavalry, armed response.

Edited by ordnance