Stag and leather hunter

bigman

Really nicely finished, the handle is top. Do you use blanks or do you make the blades too?

Cheers lads it's taken a few hours here and there weekends and after work , when she allows me in the shed that is

I do make my on blades mate , if I'm honest that's the bit I enjoy most bringing a bit of steel to life

That is a very nice knife . Many years ago my mates and me used to make knives from old industrial hacksaw blades . We used to shape them and put an edge on them . We used wood and deer antler for the grips . After they were ground they were super sharpe and you could litterally shave with them . I used to leave the saw edge on one side and sharpen the other . They were brittle but we're good enough for any cutting job and they were free . I would like to own that one .

Harnser

That is a very nice knife . Many years ago my mates and me used to make knives from old industrial hacksaw blades . We used to shape them and put an edge on them . We used wood and deer antler for the grips . After they were ground they were super sharpe and you could litterally shave with them . I used to leave the saw edge on one side and sharpen the other . They were brittle but we're good enough for any cutting job and they were free . I would like to own that one .

Harnser

10 mins in the oven at 200c, then quenched would probably have helped with that.

I've made a couple of nice knives from scratch and know the work that goes into them, but also the satisfaction too. I don't think any of mine were quite that good though, well done! :good:

Very nice, if you was to sell that what sort of price would you be looking at?

Hi buddy thanks for the comments , I don't make knifes to sell I'm still learning and very new to it

if your looking for a good custom knife I can point you in the right direction