RAF armourer

NorfolkAYA

Snap! Probably about the same time too! Did you do Cyprus, Malta or Germany?

My dad did, with me in tow

Germany twice (Gutersloh, Geilenkirchen (second time), and somewhere else I cant remember as I was 6 months old, first time)

Coltishall in Norfolk also twice, he did more before I was born,

He left the RAF in 1973 after 24 years service and died the year after :(

:shaun:

My dad did, with me in tow

Germany twice (Gutersloh, Geilenkirchen (second time), and somewhere else I cant remember as I was 6 months old, first time)

Coltishall in Norfolk also twice, he did more before I was born,

He left the RAF in 1973 after 24 years service and died the year after :(

:shaun:

Sorry to hear that Shaun! My dad left in 78! We lost him at 55! God bless far too young, but still had some great times!

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't cross paths!

There was actually a study carried out (I heard about it while in Cyprus (92-95) about the mortality rate of people after leaving the forces after a long service - 22+ years - I can't remember the facts but I do remember that it was quite surprising how high it was in the first 5 years or something like that

Steve

There was actually a study carried out (I heard about it while in Cyprus (92-95) about the mortality rate of people after leaving the forces after a long service - 22+ years - I can't remember the facts but I do remember that it was quite surprising how high it was in the first 5 years or something like that

Steve

Yes it is a well known problem!

I have survived for 9 1/2 years so far!

Steve

Similar problem in the Police, my dad has seen quite a few of his friends go at a young age after leaving the force.