At last

Michael170874

Well after fruitless days chasing these woodies around watching them devour my neighbours rape with no one shooting it i thought the season was done for but he put some gas guns out this week and on saturday i returned for a days decoying wow thousands litteraly piling in from two sides onto my rape .luckily this time id'e left the deeks at home and brought 30 frozen birds from my last outing along with the flapper.set up at 10 oclock and it was magical they just kept returning in groupes of 50 or so all day long i packed up at 3 pm with 137 birds 7 trips accross the field to the car was a pain but well worth it.

Good times ahead i think

Well after fruitless days chasing these woodies around watching them devour my neighbours rape with no one shooting it i thought the season was done for but he put some gas guns out this week and on saturday i returned for a days decoying wow thousands litteraly piling in from two sides onto my rape .luckily this time id'e left the deeks at home and brought 30 frozen birds from my last outing along with the flapper.set up at 10 oclock and it was magical they just kept returning in groupes of 50 or so all day long i packed up at 3 pm with 137 birds 7 trips accross the field to the car was a pain but well worth it.

Good times ahead i think

what part of yorks you shooting fella,i am hoping to get down at next wkend as I have been out of action for a while I shoot north yorks and the farmer tells me theres quite a few about....cheers Robbie....ps....well done on the red letter day bud :yes::good:

I shoot up around ripon ,and all the way accross to boroughbridge, i have 3 farms there but my best day as i mentioned was my local perm on outskirts of leeds morley it's one of the best farms for pigeons around there's two huge woods which attract thousands of woodies in winter and he grows a good variety of crops wheat ,barley,peas,beans,rape,so even in harvest time it's covered in birds last year i was going through 250 cartridges in 6 hours i couldn't cope with the amount of birds i was shooting luckily he has a farm shop and i was putting all the birds into his cold storage so they didn't go to waste

Good times ahead i think

Seven trips? Are you Yorkshire's weakest man?

Edited by motty

To motty are you Norfolks most jelous man ah ah ah so much hate what's up love you not getting any down there give me your address i'll post you some

Don't worry about me. I will have a few opportunities to shoot some pigeons when I get back in gear.

If I had shot 137 pigeons I need 7 trips just to have enough cartridges. Well Done.

Even with a modest hit rate of 60% that's 230 cartridges, almost £70 for my 20 bore. Congratulations to the OP. Great experience but every week would be a tad expensive for me.