found cartridge could it be pochers?

In Hope and Glory a german bomber ditches its bombs in the river and the kids collect the fish.

With reference to the cartridge it is most likely a blank. 9x17 could be Browning Short 9mm which is old type ammo. Not the kind of thing someone would use to shoot ducks

So what is the name of the old English film, during the war where the kids stick live ammo in a vice and hit it with a hammer? Bloody funny.

DON'T try that BTW!

Was it called Hope and Glory?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093209/

Thats the one :lol:

Si

Well remebered lads, top film :D

I am sure that is the one where grandad shoots something with his shotgun straight down the dinner table!

When the young lad asks what is was he shot at, he just says 'no idea' :blink:

In Hope and Glory a german bomber ditches its bombs in the river and the kids collect the fish.

With reference to the cartridge it is most likely a blank. 9x17 could be Browning Short 9mm which is old type ammo. Not the kind of thing someone would use to shoot ducks

realy close range i will have a look tomorrow but i think it is head shots :D

9mm pistol cartridges are normally 9X19 (parabellum) or 9X21.

A 9X17 is usually a .380 auto.

Is it a rimfire or a centrefire.

G.M.

it looks a bit to small its about the size of a 2p coin saturday im goin to the range to see if eney one noise that it is :D

Sorry for the late reply, not been around here as much as usual due to trying to set up some work for myself, and a new workshop.

The shells have size 12 shot in them, and are made for the despatch of snakes or similar at very close range (10 feet or less). I use them for despatch. They hit hard at pointblank, but theres no risk at all of over penetration/through and through. Safe for use just about anywhere. Needless to say, the box is just about full, and lives in the back of the safe.

They are pretty quiet, and to be honest, useless for anything other then despatch at PB.

The 44 versions are better, but still less effective then a .410 shotgun..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cambrid...ire/6454791.stm

just don't chuck it in your re-cycling bin you'll cause havoc :lol:

omg! lol, :yes: that's where all my empty shotgun cart's go! they're recyclable after all :good:

Don't people make a fuss about nothing! I can understand live ones, or those that (to those that don't know better) would be difficult to tell if they're live or not, but come on, you can see there's nothing inside a spent "shell"!! :lol: