First pump/ semi

cueball

hi all.

sometime in the next week or two I will be purchasing my first semi or pump(it has to be within the next week or two otherwise something family or house related will crop up that will inevitably require the cash I have stashed aside)

I have narrowed the field a little after looking around. not to bothered if it is new or sh. I just need a little advice. My shortlist includes franchi affinity, benelli supernova or m2 (sbe2 is just out of reach of the top of my budget) or armsan 612. I have read the reviews and they all seem very solid, reliable guns. The m2 is absolute top end and only if I can find one sh.

The gun will be used for recreational clays, rough and a bit of wildfowling. Please if you can give me any input it would be appreciated as to pros and cons.

Oh and it will be a 3 shot I will be going for not that it should make much difference.

Many thanks

Like I said the m2 is my top end At around £900. I'm not bothered by looks just function and the gun being able to take some abuse. This will be my Battered gun so to speak. But I am one of those people that when I buy something I hold onto it for ages so whatever I get I want it to be reliable

Just bought a franchi infinity. Italian made, comes out of same factory as benilli. 7 year warranty..been out on the pigeons four times and love it. Bargain but for the money

Sorry bargain for the money

i've ordered a franchi affinity and waiting for mine to be delivered to rfd,did you get a black synthetic or camo?,

andrew

Edited by andrewluke

On the pump front, I have the winchester sxp. 3 1/2" steel proof, and been used on the marsh and worked no matter how much mud I packed in it! Good for pigeons and will eat every and any size cartridge, not like these fancy semi auto's! And at 390ish brand new, plenty of cash for cartridges!!

Not sure what you mean by battered gun, treat the gun well and it will be good to you.

Had the SXP, didn't like it.

Got a Maxus now and love it. Use it for everything, mainly wildfowling and clean it whenever I use it.

Doesn't jam, only had a problem with it when I got seaweed stuck in the magazine.