What Do You.....

wymberley

Mine asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I replied "a Chipmunk"

I was abruptly told that I couldn't have one "as the dogs would kill it"

I said "they won't, they might get chopped up in the propeller though"

Apparently, I couldn't have one of those Chipmunks either :sad1:

Nice models, happy fiddling :good:

Never had any, but had a variation made from wood. Have no idea what it was called but was excellent. It bolted together with plastic nuts and bolts, complete with washers and though I didn't realise it at the time each piece was structurally designed.

Maybe that's why I find SIPS -Tradis so easy.

Nice models. Next christmas?

Thank you. The chopper was straight-forward but one rod was too small, fell from its retraint and caused a plastic joint to break. Had to wait six weeks for replacements - they arrived direct from China. Finished it by robbing bits from the mobile crane. This (crane) was a tester; there was no way it was going to go to drawing. Although the steering device is the knob on top of the cab and the steering wheel in the cab is also LHD, the shaft from the knob interfered with the wheel and seat arrangement. Had to convert it to RHD - which seemed appropriate. The static crane was an out and out **********. Think the tech' author must have been Chinese.

Next Christmas? Got the bug now. Was forced into a well known toy shop to put my hand in my pocket to pay for the imminently due next grand child's push-chair thingy. Have you seen some of the Leggo you can get now.........?

Nice work. I always wanted a meccano set but the closest i got was a whack plastic version woth reuseable plastic rivets. Everything i made looked cack. The rivets were the same calibre as a gatt gun. Within an hour of this discovery it was impossible to make anything owing to lack of rivets.

Thank you. The chopper was straight-forward but one rod was too small, fell from its retraint and caused a plastic joint to break. Had to wait six weeks for replacements - they arrived direct from China. Finished it by robbing bits from the mobile crane.

Art imitating life...says it all really.

If you like this thread you might like the Brickplayer construction toy from the fifties enough to look at my website www.brickplayer .co.uk

I had no idea such kits existed, quite a bit before my time I guess.

They are absolutely brilliant things, although technology and the possibilities it can offer is incredible it can never replace the learning experience that toys or hobby kits such as these bring when it comes to manual hand skills.

Really interesting, thanks for sharing that.

Never had any, but had a variation made from wood. Have no idea what it was called but was excellent. It bolted together with plastic nuts and bolts, complete with washers and though I didn't realise it at the time each piece was structurally designed.

Maybe that's why I find SIPS -Tradis so easy.

That was Betta-Bilda!

Blue plastic bolts and red plastic nuts?

Also had cogs, bevel gears and a worm gear.

Happy days :D

That was Betta-Bilda!

Blue plastic bolts and red plastic nuts?

Also had cogs, bevel gears and a worm gear.

Happy days :D

Ha! Had no idea what it was called, but that's the one! There were also exploded diagrams of each project you could make dependant on how many pieces you had.

Happy days indeed. :good:

If you like this thread you might like the Brickplayer construction toy from the fifties enough to look at my website www.brickplayer.co.uk

Thanks for sharing the link. I had one of these kits during the late 50s and early 60s and spent many happy hours playing with it, designing and building houses. For the life of me I couldn't remember the name of it, and no one else has known what I meant.