A few from today.

fenboy

After having a couple of rides around my permissions this week things were looking bleak on the pigeon front as I am still waiting for my peas and mustard to come through and start attracting birds.

Fortunately I had just got back from a recce and I got a text from Muncher to ask me if I was available for shooting today as he had gained a new permission that was showing plenty of birds on some drilled beans .

He had asked Motty first but he said something about just having his hair done and it talking of rain today :whistling:

Anyway I had another text later that night to say there had been a change of plan and one of Munchers farmers had contacted him to say he had a real problem with pigeon on his rape and could he sort them out.

It had talked of rain first thing and on and off all day and sure enough when I got up there had been some heavy rain overnight and it was still a heavy drizzle.

Luckily by the time I got to Munchers (Jules) it had all but stopped .

As we stood looking at the rape it was clear the farmer was not exaggerating , there was streams of pigeon heading into a rape field that looked like a bowling green !

We selected a likely looking spot and trudged over the field to set up , we started with about 40 mixed decoys and the magnet , no soon as we got back in the hide and a bunch of about 20 pigeon were dropping in , neither of us were loaded so they were just waved off !

We did not have to wait long for another chance and in no time started to build a bag , the pigeon were decoying brilliantly and were hell bent on heading for the magnet .

With the pair of us shooting pretty well we had around 50 on the clicker after the first 2 hours or so and we were starting to thing there may be 100 bag on offer , but as if often the case at this time of years things gradually slowed down until birds were few and far between .

We finished with 80 picked .

So a good bit of sport with some good company and chat in the hide ,perfect , thanks Jules :good:

P1000304_zpsndnm80sj.jpg

P1000306_zpsu1uoucny.jpg

P1000308_zps7fs7cjgh.jpg

I've still got the curlers in, thanks.

Seriously, a good day, but i'm glad you didn't break my heart and shoot 150!

Jules did say thats twice you have stood him up for a combined bag of 240 :)

Hopefully you will make up for it tomorrow :good:

Guest stevo

well done lads , good shooting , like you im waiting for beans and peas to chit , off for a nose tomorrow so fingers crossed ,

how is muncher doing Xtrema ?

well done lads , good shooting , like you im waiting for beans and peas to chit , off for a nose tomorrow so fingers crossed ,

how is muncher doing Xtrema ?

He shot very well with it today but it still needs running in a bit for the lighter loads, I even blagged a shot with it and nailed one at the first attempt so if the versamax ever dies I will consider one !

Guest stevo

He shot very well with it today but it still needs running in a bit for the lighter loads, I even blagged a shot with it and nailed one at the first attempt so if the versamax ever dies I will consider one !

glad hes getting on with it mate