Any tips for keeping cats out of backgardens?

naddan28

After reading Kirky's post about his dad's dog and snakes reply about cat problems, it reminded me about my girlfriends gran who has cats destroying her garden. Bless her, she first thought I could just pop round with the air rifle and sort the "problem out" but I have explained other than being unethical its also very ILLEGAL! So I was just wondering if you guys have any tips on keeping the cats out the garden. She doesn't want a dog before anyone suggests it <_<

Thanks,

Dan

A friend of mine once explained a method using Vaseline and habanero chilli powder, but you'd have to catch the cat first for this one <_<

I am told longitudinally sliced in half 2l clear pop bottles placed around works a treat.

Get a dog...

Seriously!! Explain to your girlfriend not only do they make good company but an excellent cat deterrant!! My next door neighbours cats used to come into our garden, and even in the house, they had 3 cats!!

then we got a dog that used to go mad at the sight of the cat!! now if im walking to my back gate from the car, the cats will follow me up till the top of my drive, see my gate..then run away in the opposite direction!!! Havnt seen them near my garden since

:lol:<_<

Lion **** is supposed to work

I don't like cats myself but would never harm one just to get rid of one out of the garden. BUT last year I went through a bit of a bad spell with a road kill situation. I ran over 4 cats in the space of 2 months of the road where I live

It was the same scenario evertime. Coming home early hours after lamping. The car wheels were a pussy magnet. I things kept jumping out from parked cars

So be careful driving home in the early hours you never know whats lurking under a parked up motor <_<

Jonno