Election forecast result

chrisjh

People working, not in a managerial or supervisory role. I.e. Me.

They are suffering as 99% of the eu migrants aire unskilled labourers, making unhealthy competition for work and forcing wages down....... Where work the poles are paid less than the locals..... Result the company try and recruit from poland before here and recently got into some kind of trouble for doing so, even when there are people here willing to work and looking for work.......Sorry should read "where I work"

Just for clarity, a very brief check shows that the majority of western European migrants are in the top two skill level groups (65%), whereas only 25-30% of eastern European migrants are in the top two. Broadly speaking its nearer a 50/50 split overall so not quite the 99% you suggest. The problem has been in the last 10 years the number of low skilled workers has disproportionately risen above the number of skilled workers so it has been a very visible and rapid change.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, but those figures come from data from various sources including hmrc, employers etc, so they are a very good indication. Remember this is only relating to EU immigration (so they all are by their nature official) and employment, which is one of the main focuses of UKIPs ideas on immigration and leaving the EU.

Edited by FalconFN

Well, postal vote form has arrived and been done.

Now I can just sit back and see who we are going to get shafted by next in the tax avoiding, paedophile protecting cesspit of moral filth that is Warminster (building not town!!) :good:

Edited by 955i

So my figures may not be hundred percent accurate, but in the words of homer (simpson) "you can make statistics say anything you want, 89% of people know that"

So percentages and actual figures are always open to debate.

But its a valid point, until last year I was a police officer, I saw a massive increase in certain crimes due to eu immigration. (For some reasons certain cultures seem to commit certain crimes)

Since relocating and working in the private sector I have seen it first hand, unskilled and unneeded labourers are vastly out numbering any skilled trades we need.

You can't blame the people, they are making use of the system. Its the system (government) that needs to change.

Minimum wage needs change (ukip want to raise the taxable allowance)

We need to force/encourage people back to work, we do need a stick and carrot approach, stick is benefits aren't (or shouldn't be) forever......carrot is we should reward those who work (ukip raising taxable allowance would solve that, tax credits shouldn't exist its just recycling the tax payments, raising tax allowance is better) so people see an actual financial reward for working.

I have a nephew who is a doctor, he is newly qualified and looking at canada to relocate, we shouldn't be losing him, a lot of his reasons for wanting out are political and attributable to the tories and labour.

So my figures may not be hundred percent accurate, but in the words of homer (simpson) "you can make statistics say anything you want, 89% of people know that"

But its a valid point, until last year I was a police officer, I saw a massive increase in certain crimes due to eu immigration. (For some reasons certain cultures seem to commit certain crimes)

Since relocating and working in the private sector I have seen it first hand, unskilled and unneeded labourers are vastly out numbering any skilled trades we need.

You can't blame the people, they are making use of the system. Its the system (government) that needs to change.

We need to force/encourage people back to work, we do need a stick and carrot approach, stick is benefits aren't (or shouldn't be) forever......carrot is we should reward those who work (ukip raising taxable allowance would solve that, tax credits shouldn't exist its just recycling the tax payments, raising tax allowance is better) so people see an actual financial reward for working.

I have a nephew who is a doctor, he is newly qualified and looking at canada to relocate, we shouldn't be losing him, a lot of his reasons for wanting out are political and attributable to the tories and labour.

100% correct

KW

That's pathetic Mike, even by your standards. Your typical Tory arrogance is astounding at times.

My other half is voting for whichever party she chooses; at the the moment she is undecided between Labour (cos her Dad always voted labour) and not voting at all. My daughter who is eligible to vote for the first time is voting for no one, but I, unlike you, don't feel insecure enough to feel I have to ridicule others in attempts to persuade them to vote the way I want them to.

I wouldn't dream of giving you even one reason to vote UKIP Mike; I don't feel the need. You put your cross where you feel it serves your wallet best, I'll put mine elsewhere for reasons of my own. Not everyone is ruled by personal greed.

Not long now...don't forget to vote. :good:

Well with respect you and your fellow UKIP cronies started this as the basis of this topic. Did you not?.

......and you are wrong its "Look after number one", and "dog eat dog" in this country ( or man eat dog if your a Korean immigrant )....people will vote with their wallet always have and always will. :yes:

Well, postal vote form has arrived and been done.

Now I can just sit back and see who we are going to get shafted by next in the tax avoiding, paedophile protecting cesspit of moral filth that is Warminster (building not town!!) :good:

Don't know why you're picking on the Wiltshire folk? :rolleyes:

Well with respect you and your fellow UKIP cronies started this as the basis of this topic. Did you not?.

......and you are wrong its "Look after number one", and "dog eat dog" in this country ( or man eat dog if your a Korean immigrant )....people will vote with their wallet always have and always will. :yes:

I believe this thread is entitled 'election forecast result'. I didn't start it.

You have constantly used sarcasm and ridicule in your attempts to belittle those who you feel threaten your way of life, and have repeatedly used the same methods in attempts to influence the way people vote. I'll be very surprised if you can find one post where I have done the same other than in response.

It's you who are wrong; I'm not looking after number one, and I'm not voting with my wallet in mind. The accumulation of wealth has never been a priority of mine despite being acutely aware of how important money is. Our local UKIP representative is a millionaire. :)

When it comes to respect, well, I couldn't respect myself unless I voted the way I really wanted.

I believe this thread is entitled 'election forecast result'. I didn't start it.

You have constantly used sarcasm and ridicule in your attempts to belittle those who you feel threaten your way of life, and have repeatedly used the same methods in attempts to influence the way people vote. I'll be very surprised if you can find one post where I have done the same other than in response.

It's you who are wrong; I'm not looking after number one, and I'm not voting with my wallet in mind. The accumulation of wealth has never been a priority of mine despite being acutely aware of how important money is. Our local UKIP representative is a millionaire. :)

When it comes to respect, well, I couldn't respect myself unless I voted the way I really wanted.

Hey wind your neck in...

I assume your post was meant for KW not me....

I'm the Henry Fonda in 12 Angry Men.... :yes:

To bring some seriousness to the debate this is my view on how you should be thinking about adjusting your investments depending on who wins. This isn't a critisism of any party as the reality is that there is going to be fall out regardless of who 'wins'.

As market ambiguity perseveres in the run-up to the UK election, there are worrying implications for equities irrespective of who comes to power. Business investment is already waning at the prospect of a Conservative-led government, with an EU referendum hinging on the election result. With half of the UK's exports going to the eurozone, widespread fears of what a referendum could do to equities are not irrational.

But the idea of a Labour-led government brings with it less business-friendly policies and higher taxes. Banks have once again found themselves to be easy pickings for the Labour manifesto and the real estate industry is set to take the hit of the proposed mansion tax.

From an equities perspective, it’s worthwhile bearing in mind that some industries have been targeted in party platforms, such as real estate, banks and utilities, and would be hyper-sensitive to the election outcome.

If there is extended volatility, this could be an opportunity for investors to build positions in companies with global exposure which will not be impacted much by changes in domestic policy. Similarly, if an EU referendum shapes up to be a probability, investors should limit positions in companies heavily exposed to the eurozone.

In addition the future of the UK's popular “safe haven” status hangs in the balance alongside a possible “Brexit”, which may see international investors shun the gilts market.

In terms of fixed income, the relative risk premiums on medium to long dated UK gilts is expected to increase due to uncertainty. Furthermore, investors may want to consider bonds with durations shorter than the benchmark.

I'm voting Tory. Not because I particularly want to but because the alternatives at this point in time are really terrifying. Labour may get in but historically we just know, in their attempts to appease their supporters (the needy, those on benefits etc etc) will tax the wealthy to the point they will leave and we will go back into recession. Ok I hate the wealth gap - far greater than ever before - but those who create wealth also create jobs. The Lib Dems would also tax the wealthy to extinction and our local representative is against shooting yet 80% of Norfolk/Suffolk is shot over! The Green party wants us all to go vegetarian! UKIP come across as a bunch of nutters so who is there left for me to consider?

To bring some seriousness to the debate this is my view on how you should be thinking about adjusting your investments depending on who wins. This isn't a critisism of any party as the reality is that there is going to be fall out regardless of who 'wins'.

As market ambiguity perseveres in the run-up to the UK election, there are worrying implications for equities irrespective of who comes to power. Business investment is already waning at the prospect of a Conservative-led government, with an EU referendum hinging on the election result. With half of the UK's exports going to the eurozone, widespread fears of what a referendum could do to equities are not irrational.

But the idea of a Labour-led government brings with it less business-friendly policies and higher taxes. Banks have once again found themselves to be easy pickings for the Labour manifesto and the real estate industry is set to take the hit of the proposed mansion tax.

From an equities perspective, it’s worthwhile bearing in mind that some industries have been targeted in party platforms, such as real estate, banks and utilities, and would be hyper-sensitive to the election outcome.

If there is extended volatility, this could be an opportunity for investors to build positions in companies with global exposure which will not be impacted much by changes in domestic policy. Similarly, if an EU referendum shapes up to be a probability, investors should limit positions in companies heavily exposed to the eurozone.

In addition the future of the UK's popular “safe haven” status hangs in the balance alongside a possible “Brexit”, which may see international investors shun the gilts market.

In terms of fixed income, the relative risk premiums on medium to long dated UK gilts is expected to increase due to uncertainty. Furthermore, investors may want to consider bonds with durations shorter than the benchmark.

Thanks for that that's very interesting...I have a meeting with my FA later this week and will ask him some pertinent questions.

I'm voting Tory. Not because I particularly want to but because the alternatives at this point in time are really terrifying. Labour may get in but historically we just know, in their attempts to appease their supporters (the needy, those on benefits etc etc) will tax the wealthy to the point they will leave and we will go back into recession. Ok I hate the wealth gap - far greater than ever before - but those who create wealth also create jobs. The Lib Dems would also tax the wealthy to extinction and our local representative is against shooting yet 80% of Norfolk/Suffolk is shot over! The Green party wants us all to go vegetarian! UKIP come across as a bunch of nutters so who is there left for me to consider?

I am afraid in any society even communist society you are always going top have a wealth gap. Those that have and those that have not and as long as we have a Monarchy, ( Hopefully always ) we will have a class system. I suppose the key issue is electing a Government that will do their best for all of the electorate irrespective of wealth or social status. The Labour party have never been quasi- judicial and UKIPs underlying morals and values appear to me to be so far removed to the right of that equity its extremely concerning.

Ultimately I will be voting Conservative because I happen to think they are doing a very good job in putting the jigsaw back together after the last Labour Government dropped it. The Lib Dems and the Greens and possibly UKIP could put the jigsaw back together but fundamentally the pieces would all be in the wrong position.

Commerce in the rest of the world including Europe, Japan, Asia and China are sat back at the moment in admiration of the way we have picked ourselves up and shaken ourselves off and instigated our own recovery, There are major investors waiting on the outcome of this election believe me, several potentially multi million pound schemes for British Contractors in the NE of England alone.

To return any party other than by a clear majority will be a disaster , but in that respect I think the Conservatives wouldn't hesitate in forming a minority government, ( for reasons I've given in another topic) with the blessing of the crown, given the situation requiring so.

Your opening statement is quite correct...the alternatives are terrifying, but when it comes to the crunch I believe you, I and millions like us will realise that and vote accordingly.

( lights blue touch paper stands back and awaits tirade of ukippers vexation)

Not a 100% accurate? No, not even close to accurate but I can gloss over that. I do get your point about the unskilled labour as there has been a large increase in EU workers coming here in the last decade or so, but I do wonder why, as you put in your post, anyone would employ unneeded labourers? Developers are in the business to make money so I can see a good financial reason to employ a couple of eastern Europeans for the cost of 1 British worker but nobody will employ someone if they haven't got anything for them to do. It's also worth considering the fact that unemployment rates are historically very low, so if British workers are being effected then the numbers are incredibly small or they are able to go on to get other employment.

I am genuinely interested in the crime rates though, what sort of crimes where increasing massively? Are they represented in the annual crime figures or do you think it was very isolated to your neck of the woods?

As for doctors, yes that is a massive problem that is costing the British tax payer a huge amount. Many go to Australia because they aren't over worked and earn good money but they, in my opinion, should pay back the cost of the internationally respected medical training they receive at a massively discounted rate. If you are clever enough to become a doctor (and earn the handsome wage) then surely you are bright enough to know what the job will be like - it shouldn't be a shock. There are too many students going into medicine planning to relocate from the start.

Lab, lib, snp = no more pigeon watch.

It will become a forum with only the play pen, crafts and a motoring section.

Don't know how long it would take them to bring this about, but it will come.

After us it will be the fishermen, then the golfers ( using up housing and park space ) then who knows who else.

The Tories upped the tax allowance and if you increase the minimum wage, the costs get passed on to the end user and some smaller businesses may just close their doors.

The min wage was a double edged sword in that it allowed some jobs to pay less....

The Tories upped the tax allowance and if you increase the minimum wage, the costs get passed on to the end user and some smaller businesses may just close their doors.

The min wage was a double edged sword in that it allowed some jobs to pay less....

trouble is the min wage became the maxim wage to scumbag employers

KW

Ooops, hit a nerve there.

'Juror No 8' was a fictional character.

lots of raw nerves being hit it seems, when the cons say something, they consider it a justified opinion, when others post a different tac on matters they resort to retorting with insult and pure garbage, its par for the course sadly, especially for those who have promised not to have further input but cant help themselves in their drive to sway opinion (which they wont).

KW

Edited by kdubya

lots of raw nerves being hit it seems, when the cons say something, they consider it a justified opinion, when others post a different tac on matters they resort to retorting with insult and pure garbage, its par for the course sadly, especially for those who have promised not to have further input but cant help themselves in their drive to sway opinion (which they wont).

KW

I do hope that you typed that with an ironic grin :)