Immoveable Paint

scorpius

Can anybody advise me please, can I purchase a "paint" that would be very difficult to remove, I have lost a lot of expensive tools to thieves, including a Ride on mower. The police have suggested that I mark the replacement with my

post code, any ideas please.

I don't know of any paint which can't be removed.

A bloke who works with us sprays all his tools bright yellow to distinguish his from anyone else's; brand new Estwing, sprayed yellow. Ditto for his Makita cordless, everything, sprayed yellow. It lasts some time but does start to wear eventually, but because it's all over it's still recognisable as his.

The only other methods I know of is as LG mentioned, engraving, or welding initials onto various parts of tools, but this only works on certain items.

engrave em m8,all my work tools are .its permanent and if attempting to remove leaves an obvious scar .even the jaws of my pliers are engraved as i work with thieving **** who would steal the smell from your flatulence

Thats really bad mate , if you need anymore I have plenty here you can have FOC , just bring a bottle or some other suitable container :lol:

http://www.smartwater.com/

SmartWater is a traceable liquid and proprietary forensic asset marking system that is applied to personal, commercial, and industrial items of value to deter theft and to identify culprits for prosecution. The non-hazardous liquid leaves a long lasting and unique identifier that is invisible to the naked eye except under an ultraviolet black light. The SmartWater crime suppression system is marketed globally by SmartWater Technology Ltd, in conjunction with their proprietary crime reduction program, called 'The SmartWater Strategy' (US patent pending).

Masons CT is a good start, it's about £40 a litre with out the hardener and thinner. I use it to paint agricultural machinery, it sticks to anything and everything and stays in a gel like state for about 5 years. I spilt some (unmixed/without hardner) in the paint storage area 3 years ago and it's still tacky today. You can get it from a company called movac.

http://www.smartwater.com/

SmartWater is a traceable liquid and proprietary forensic asset marking system that is applied to personal, commercial, and industrial items of value to deter theft and to identify culprits for prosecution. The non-hazardous liquid leaves a long lasting and unique identifier that is invisible to the naked eye except under an ultraviolet black light. The SmartWater crime suppression system is marketed globally by SmartWater Technology Ltd, in conjunction with their proprietary crime reduction program, called 'The SmartWater Strategy' (US patent pending).

Talking to a chap from smart water some time ago and mentioned the fact that "some folk" reckon it's not a problem to remove it. So I asked him if spraying over stolen item with a solvent would in fact destroy or remove it and he said YES. When asked why they don't make it solvent proof then he reckoned it was something to do with H&S :hmm: