vet shoots cat with arrow

RoBeRt1990

I'm wondering if its just me! If it is a feral cat and its legal to shoot feral cats in her state with a bow, she has done nothing wrong! The only problem I see is that she was stupid enough to post a photo of herself on Facebook in the manner she has! Clearly people taking their cat to be treated by her might have some concern, therefore it could only ever have issues in a negative manner for her and her employer, so for that she seems a bit dim in my book, but she has lost her job as a result. Yes it may turn out to be someone's pet and if it is she will face the law, but that hasn't been proven yet, she hasn't been charged, therefore at this point she has broken no laws and done nothing wrong, yet the pigeonwatch massive have yet again found her guilty even if the US legal system hasn't!

What is surprising me on here (I don't know why right enough) is that some are arguing that a bow is unsuitable for the task in hand! Looking at the photo it looks to have been a pretty decisive way of killing that moggy to me! People shoot Lions and bears with bows for god sake, wither you like it or not a bow is more than able to kill a small feral moggy!!! I have shot bows in the past and those I shot with were way better than me, they would place an arrow more accurately than most on here would place a pellet or round! Trust me they could kill a cat humanely with an arrow no problem!

Neither wonder we get issues with Anti's over here on what we do in the UK when our very own start having a go at a lass who has broken no laws in her country and has killed a wild animal in a way that is perfectly legal in her country! So what if its a cat and cats are protected in the UK, SHE WASN"T IN THE UK!! and some folks don't like pussy cats even if you do, some see them as nothing more than a crapping machine that ruins their well tended garden, so not all are cat lovers like yourself ;-)

Clearly if it turns out she has got it wrong and its someone's pet, then she is in trouble, but for now as far as I can tell from what's reported in the media, she has done nothing illegal or wrong! Off course the pigeonwatch massive will no doubt know better than the American investigators at this stage :lol:

I'm wondering if its just me! If it is a feral cat and its legal to shoot feral cats in her state with a bow, she has done nothing wrong! The only problem I see is that she was stupid enough to post a photo of herself on Facebook in the manner she has! Clearly people taking their cat to be treated by her might have some concern, therefore it could only ever have issues in a negative manner for her and her employer, so for that she seems a bit dim in my book, but she has lost her job as a result. Yes it may turn out to be someone's pet and if it is she will face the law, but that hasn't been proven yet, she hasn't been charged, therefore at this point she has broken no laws and done nothing wrong, yet the pigeonwatch massive have yet again found her guilty even if the US legal system hasn't!

What is surprising me on here (I don't know why right enough) is that some are arguing that a bow is unsuitable for the task in hand! Looking at the photo it looks to have been a pretty decisive way of killing that moggy to me! People shoot Lions and bears with bows for god sake, wither you like it or not a bow is more than able to kill a small feral moggy!!! I have shot bows in the past and those I shot with were way better than me, they would place an arrow more accurately than most on here would place a pellet or round! Trust me they could kill a cat humanely with an arrow no problem!

Neither wonder we get issues with Anti's over here on what we do in the UK when our very own start having a go at a lass who has broken no laws in her country and has killed a wild animal in a way that is perfectly legal in her country! So what if its a cat and cats are protected in the UK, SHE WASN"T IN THE UK!! and some folks don't like pussy cats even if you do, some see them as nothing more than a crapping machine that ruins their well tended garden, so not all are cat lovers like yourself ;-)

Clearly if it turns out she has got it wrong and its someone's pet, then she is in trouble, but for now as far as I can tell from what's reported in the media, she has done nothing illegal or wrong!

No, it's not just you.

are you saying it's the owners fault that cats get shot?because they let them run about freely! I hope that no pigeon fanciers read this then or they would be worried stiff next time they race their birds, believing that us shooters think any animals let to run free are fair game

er just what happens when pigeon turn feral and come into your deeks then? oh I forgot you can see their old tatty and mud covered rings from 100 yards away.

KW

Edited by kdubya

Clearly if it turns out she has got it wrong and its someone's pet, then she is in trouble, but for now as far as I can tell from what's reported in the media, she has done nothing illegal or wrong! Off course the pigeonwatch massive will no doubt know better than the American investigators at this stage :lol:

Very well said, the points i was trying to make badly.

Its the same when u get the uproar in the tabloids about someone standing next to a dead giraffe, loin, elephant etc.

Not my cup of tea but if that floats ur boat great, as long as hunted in a sustainable way will bring some serious money into some very poor areas. Most animals even im wilder areas do benefit in some careful management (otherwise they would all die a slow painful death by starvation when there teeth are worn, how most wild animals will die)

Think thats the big problem with the internet, that lassie has made a serious mistake/error of judgement putting the photo online, has now lost her job and i would imagine will struggle to find a new one so all those years at vet school down the tubes. That photo will follow her round for a long time, might not even of been her that posted it? Bookface is an evil thing really

It is a very harsh punishment esp if 100% legal

But to be fair to her looks a fair shot depending on range

Well the problem is that one persons feral is another persons pet.

Reading the local papers it seems our self proclaimed "vet of the year" shot a neighbour's cat. The stupid girl will be lucky if some nut job doesn't take matters into their own hands. There has already been talk of dishing out a beating and having lived in Texas for a short while, that would be getting off lightly in some folks way of thinking.

ATB

Edited by achosenman

No, it's not just you.

Whew lol :good:

Very well said, the points i was trying to make badly.

Its the same when u get the uproar in the tabloids about someone standing next to a dead giraffe, loin, elephant etc.

Not my cup of tea but if that floats ur boat great, as long as hunted in a sustainable way will bring some serious money into some very poor areas. Most animals even im wilder areas do benefit in some careful management (otherwise they would all die a slow painful death by starvation when there teeth are worn, how most wild animals will die)

Think thats the big problem with the internet, that lassie has made a serious mistake/error of judgement putting the photo online, has now lost her job and i would imagine will struggle to find a new one so all those years at vet school down the tubes. That photo will follow her round for a long time, might not even of been her that posted it? Bookface is an evil thing really

It is a very harsh punishment esp if 100% legal

But to be fair to her looks a fair shot depending on range

It does look a well placed shot in fairness :lol:

Neither wonder we get issues with Anti's over here on what we do in the UK when our very own start having a go at a lass who has broken no laws in her country and has killed a wild animal in a way that is perfectly legal in her country.

Have you read any of the earlier posts. ?

The Texas Penal Code states that killing a cat, feral or not, can lead to felony charges with the offender has previously been convicted of cruelty to nonlivestock animals, a Class A misdemeanour. 'The Texas Veterinary Medical Association also condemned her reactions, insisting her conduct does not reflect the standards of other vets.

This individual’s actions directly violate the veterinarian’s oath taken to use his or her “scientific knowledge and skills for the benefit of society through the protection of animal health and welfare, the prevention and relief of animal suffering, the conservation of animal resources, the promotion of public health and the advancement of medical knowledge.”

I would say she will be lucky if she in not struck off.

I have shot bows in the past and those I shot with were way better than me, they would place an arrow more accurately than most on here would place a pellet or round! Trust me they could kill a cat humanely with an arrow no problem!

Do you see many vets turning up at a farm with a bow and arrow to destroy an animal, ( Where legal ) no they use the best tool for the job and that's not a bow and arrow, anyone saying differently are talking rubbish.

Edited by ordnance

Do you see many vets turning up at a farm with a bow and arrow to destroy an animal, ( Where legal ) no they use the best tool for the job and that's not a bow and arrow, anyone saying differently are talking rubbish.

But she wasn't killing the cat as part of her job, it's no different to a vet going deer stalking here, would you say they should be struck off?

I am not saying she should be struck off, I said she will be lucky if she is not struck off. If a vet in this country did something illegal and like her ( This individual’s actions directly violate the veterinarian’s oath ) then I would think they would be in trouble as well. Killing animals with firearms is seen as an acceptable method in this country, so a vet deer stalking here there would be no issues.

Spot on.

Drama queens be drama queening!

Some seem to be condoning possible illegal behaviour, their attitude is its OK just don't be stupid enough to post it on facebook. This coming from supposedly responsible firearms owners. :hmm:

Some seem to commenting on possible legal behavior as though it was illegal,their attitude is i dont know the facts so will make up any old ****.This coming from supposedly adults. :hmm:

Some seem to commenting on possible legal behavior as though it was illegal,their attitude is i dont know the facts so will make up any old ****.This coming from supposedly adults.

If someone's behaviour is possibly illegal then I would be erring on the side of caution before defending them. Is below a fact or made old****. ?.

It is legal to trap cats and take them to a pound not shoot them Texas.

The Texas Penal Code states that killing a cat, feral or not, can lead to felony charges.

Yes I have read and it states "can lead to charges" CAN not WILL, big difference!

Spot on.

Drama queens be drama queening!

:lol: Could not have put it any better myself :good:

Some seem to be condoning possible illegal behaviour, their attitude is its OK just don't be stupid enough to post it on facebook. This coming from supposedly responsible firearms owners. :hmm:

Possible illegal behavior!! I think you will find in law something is either legal or illegal. Has she been charged?

Some seem to commenting on possible legal behavior as though it was illegal,their attitude is i dont know the facts so will make up any old ****.This coming from supposedly adults. :hmm:

Spot on sir! :good: