Not Good News

wymberley

Good luck with it all.

I remember back in early 2011 my wife rang to who had been having the odd headache and vomitting session for no apparent reason rang me whilst I was shooting down South and she was up North to say her vision had gone 'double'

But she carried on and stupidly drove to a sewing course but had to give up due to blurring.

Went to A&E to be told it was nothing and to go home- next thing they changed their mind and sent to an Eye clinic.( her right eye would only move through part axis)

Few days later at the Eye clinic faces dropped and she was rushed in for various scans- initial thoughts were as you have mentioned.

Stroke, aneurism or Tumour.

After admission and several Lumbar punctures the diagnosis came through as Meningitis. The pressure on her Brain was pressing on the Radial Nerve to the eye which was restricting movement.

Thing is without this vision problem she might have just continued at home not realising she was a "bit poorly".

Our second son also had meningitis at 3 weeks old and was also discovered by some secondary symptoms and 'Mothers intuition'

Critical Care ward full of 'Lines' for him but he pulled through and is a Terror in his own right now.

Fingers crossed fella

Phew! That's a relief and I thank you One and All once again.

Mike, you were right.

It seems DiL had been "acting funny" all night. When she tried to start the car by pushing the radio power button, Son made her change seats. He's 6' 4" and weighs in at 17 stone so when she started calling him 'Joanne', he made his decision. He pulled into a bus stop until the road cleared so he could turn around and head for the hospital. DiL starts screaming to slow down as there's a car coming. Explaining that they were parked and the car's headlights were a lamp-post had no effect. On arrival at A&E she could not answer any simple personal questions. Being pregnant, they jumped on her straight away. It seems that a very large dose of aspirin is the immediate treatment for all of the three possible problems that were considered. An immediate scan showed something on her brain but it had gone when she had the MRI scan this morning and by which time she was much improved although she still cannot remember having the meal or going to the cinema. She was discharged this afternoon. The problem? An extraordinarily severe migrane which apparently can mimic several other conditions on a scan.