New top gear presenters

digger

I think the three could be good, but the whole show needs to change, make it new and different from the old topgear.

Hopefully clarkson, may and hamster will put something together on a different channel with a big budget and new, exciting and funny challenges.

Many thanks.

I like all three of them and recently watched Glenister on a car restoration programme where his mate restored a DBS. I certainly think he could be a good presenter and is passionate about cars, but who among them is the writer? Clarkson is first and foremost a journalist, and to a lesser extent, so is May. Clarkson wrote the show each week with input from May and Hammond, and then Wilman produced it.

It was Clarksons writing and Wilmans production which turned it from a flop into the best selling prog' it was. A HUGE act to follow.

I think the three proposed could gel quite nicely, with scope for some potentially great bike scenes with Martin involved, and so long as they don't try to compete with the show as it was and try something new it could do quite well. It will be interesting to see how things pan out. Good choices in my opinion.

Have to disagree I'm afraid,

I've watched the first series of "For the love of Cars" and 3 or 4 into this series (which isn't as good as the first imo)

Glenister is an actor trying to act in a car show....I find him dull to be truthful,

Jodie Kidd co presents the classic car show with Quentin Wilson.......god is she wooden....not a good choice in that never mind TG

Guy Martin is a petrol head through and through but don't think this is the right vessel for him,

Where I do agree with Scully is in the writing, Take Clarksons writing and Wilmans production out and you lose the soul of the show.

If you can find a good writer then PLEASE find someone better than the above to present it.

5th Gear have had some guest presenters doing the odd bit in the latest series, they came across very well

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rebecca-Jackson-Racer-Writer-and-Presenter/177454498969131

https://grrc.goodwood.com/road/chris-harris-joins-team-goodwood-road-racing

Stick a James May type in with these and away you go....IF the writing is good

:shaun: