• Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • SNP
    • Green
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Sinn Fein
    • SDLP
    • Other

Do you really hate your missus? Or does your work do a really good breakfast? :)

I like to be set up and ready for the day, If I go on my bike I set off at 5 30.

KW

This is turning out more interesting than I thought!!

Cons and UKIP neck and neck, but you could still fit a copy of The Wit and Wisdom of FM between them at the minute.

That's more like it?

KW

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning is the best time of the day, getting up early is a good habit to get into.

I can't help it. Pair of collared doves nesting in a tree outside my bedroom window and they make a right row starting first light :/

PW is definitely not a typical cross sample of the UK

agreed theres no way pw reflects the rest of society :lol:

Who is the lemon who voted for the green party ? having seen their stance on country sports I'm gob smacked.

perhaps he just shoots clays or he's winding you up :lol:

Edited by overandunder2012

Who is the lemon who voted for the green party ? having seen their stance on country sports I'm gob smacked.

If you must know it was me.

A protest vote from someone who couldn't justify UKIP

A person who has a shotgun/firearms cert. and who votes Green? Very dangerous as obviously their medication has worn off. Surely their Doctor should step in.

And 12 muppets voting Libour? ***

A person who has a shotgun/firearms cert. and who votes Green? Very dangerous as obviously their medication has worn off. Surely their Doctor should step in.

And 12 muppets voting Libour? ***

I am entitled to make my choice as is everyone else.

To be honest my gun entitlement is of minor concern to me compared to the welfare of the country.

Also worth noting that the greens haven't had any say in the bans and restrictions that have happened so far, so are you certain that your chosen party won't bow to public opinion on these issues despite what they say?

Edited by 955i

Erm, no.

The greens may well have the same number of MPs as UKIP!

That's interesting. You don't think there's a correlation between the liberal gay community and the Green party gaining the seat at Brighton? How interesting. So which part of East Sussex are you from?

That's interesting. You don't think there's a correlation between the liberal gay community and the Green party gaining the seat at Brighton? How interesting. So which part of East Sussex are you from?

I'm from the Lewes area, but I know Brighton well, there is a thriving gay community but the biggest influence is likely to be the age demographics bolstered by large student population. The yoof are generally big on idealism and not to hot on pragmatism, hence voting green.

I'm from the Lewes area, but I know Brighton well, there is a thriving gay community but the biggest influence is likely to be the age demographics bolstered by large student population. The yoof are generally big on idealism and not to hot on pragmatism, hence voting green.

The only issue in Brighton seems to be tuition fees , which party says it will abolish them ? er the greens so there is your answer, its all about something for nowt, from a colony of hoodwinked individuals who believe they are part of the educational elite? and the ability to study free to achieve a degree in humanities.

KW

The only issue in Brighton seems to be tuition fees , which party says it will abolish them ? er the greens so there is your answer, its all about something for nowt, from a colony of hoodwinked individuals who believe they are part of the educational elite? and the ability to study free to achieve a degree in humanities.

KW

As far as I am concerned, university education in a suitable subject (science, engineering etc) should be free for the single reason that it will enable people to pay more taxes and therefore should not need to be paid for.

Before I went to Uni, I was in a job that earned £9,965 pa.

After I went to Uni I was in a job that paid £35,000 pa

Do the math, see the difference in taxes paid and then say that Uni fees shouldn't be free.

It enables people to contribute more.

I think you have a large chip on your shoulder and feel that everyone else got things easier than you, its not true!!

Edited by 955i

As far as I am concerned, university education in a suitable subject (science, engineering etc) should be free for the single reason that it will enable people to pay more taxes and therefore should not need to be paid for.

Do the math, see the difference in taxes paid and then say that Uni fees shouldn't be free.

I think you have a large chip on your shoulder and feel that everyone else got things easier than you, its not true!!

That is fine in your example and good on you, but not necessarily representative of the bigger picture. The problem is that we have schools actively pushing people towards higher education for no other reason the self serving academia.

So many degrees are non vocational and there is nothing wrong with that, but it certainly does not imply that the holder of that degree will earn more pennies.

Sure in some instances it does make a difference, but not in all cases.

Edit: I should have added that the difference in taxable return would need to reflect the cost of provision of university services and also the cost of cash from the time of provision of the education to the point where a greater level of tax kicks in.

Edit Again: I should read more thoroughly before jumping in with both feet, you did say suitable subjects. In which case your point becomes more valid. Apologies for going off like a two bob rocket :)

Edited by grrclark

KW

Don't belittle people for wanting to improve their education...you yourself would benefit from a little humanity. :yes:

Or perhaps zoology and you would be able to tell a monkey from a human. :lol:

not a chip at all, I just dont see why I as a taxpayer ( paid last year not far off what you said you earned after UNI) I should support a UNI system that is based on profit, hence the myriad of degrees, remember the old BT add about its got an oligy so it must be good? if you want an education above and beyond that provided by the state and our taxes , you pay for it as its you who will receive any benefit is it not?

KW

Don't belittle people for wanting to improve their education...you yourself would benefit from a little humanity. :yes:

I can always tell the difference now get back up your tree.

KW

I can always tell the difference now get back up your tree.

KW

Get a room you two! :wub: