Anyone got this Range Finder?

Thunderbird

I have had one for a month, brilliant bit of kit, really pleased with it, I like the fact that you can hold on the switch and scan and it gives the ranges as you scan, so you can scan a few distances very quickly.

Have yet to see how it works with low level light.

The batteries can work out expensive if you use it a lot, I bought a charger that came with 4 batteries so i can always carry a spare with it.

Would not be without mine now, I also find I use my binoculars less as the X6 optics are so good on the range finder.

Regards

Gary.

If anyone has one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hawke-Laser-Range-Finder-display/dp/B00W1T0PC6

I'd appreciate a verdict. Thanks.

It says professional on the side of it ...... so probably best for you to avoid really as it is probably really really confusing for you to use it really.

BTW Tbird .... I use the MTC optics one and really like it.

I've had a couple of them, the second of which has just died after a couple of years. I've found the optics to be quite dark with them.

Had the 600 for I don't know how long. Does the job but if you can't see it to start with you can't measure it. In the same period, though, oppo has had two and both failed. He now has the Bushnell version and that is something else.

Is that the Bushnell Yardage Pro model?

Not a fan, mine doesn't lock onto much. It needs a good reflection. A colleagues works much better but I don't know what he has! There isn't a built in light so low light or ranging into shadows may be an issue for you.

I'd suggest reviewing some more expensive ones and see if you can get one second hand. Having said that there are plenty in use with only positive reviews!