Barking dogs

fatchap

Hopefully all sorted with the neighbour. He was reluctant to knock as he did not want to be seen as moaning. He thought the council letter would do the trick and also keep him out of the picture as its all anonamous.

The dog device was set too high, he has turned it down and its attached to his shed, It certainly works as, as they are very reluctant to go near the fence let alone bark.

So thanks for the advice all, hopefully all repaired with next door before it all went south.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully all sorted with the neighbour. He was reluctant to knock as he did not want to be seen as moaning. He thought the council letter would do the trick and also keep him out of the picture as its all anonamous.

The dog device was set too high, he has turned it down and its attached to his shed, It certainly works as, as they are very reluctant to go near the fence let alone bark.

So thanks for the advice all, hopefully all repaired with next door before it all went south.

Now that your all friends again, do you think you could ask him the make of said device please. It would really help out with my own dogs. Cheers hh

Got to love this post there your barking dogs but its your neighbours fault .

I had this for eight years from next door they had a great dane and it barked all day every day nobody spoke to them in the street but we had a street party when the stupid thing died but then they got another one , it came to a head one morning at 2 am he let it into the back garden to empty its self and it was barking as usual my daughter who was up at 5 am opened her window and said shut up , he was just standing watching it bark and said **** off phone calls where made and its barking was registered . They used to let it out in the back garden at school time it used to run up the back garden and stand at the back fence where there was a path to the local school where its head was level with people walking past and it would bark at them which it was allowed to do continues four times a day .

I phoned the dog warden they sent me a diary and they got a letter warning them a complaint had been made first thing the rear fence was raised a foot see it couldnt see over it and a bigger fence built to stop it seeing down his drive and barking at passing people now when its in the garden if it barks they chase it with a brush :lol: . Once we where getting into our car in front of the house and it was sitting on a chair barking at us the wife pushed it and it got up knocking the chair over she bent over to pick up the chair and it started humping her and we where rolling about laughing .

Its the dog i feel sorry for as it gets a ten minute walk in the morning from the man , as its too big for the wife to control it and thats it the dogs bored out its skull with energy to burn the letter from the dog warden seems to have done the trick as they have got off the backsides and done something so i said i dont wish to take any further action just now but said that may change in the future but what i was told from the council was prolonged barking is anti socail behaviour and there was no time limit mentioned certainly no 3 hours

Glad to hear you sorted it out with your neighbour, nothing worse than fighting with your neighbours.

I use an anti bark collar for my dogs, it shuts them up. I'm not worried whether its cruel or not as long as it shuts them up and I can get a nights sleep.

your neighbour is a saint , buying gadgets to shut your dogs up. I think that responsibility lies with you

Its called Pest Bye, ultrasonic fox and dog deterrent.

Only down side with device they give off a high pitch squeal all the time to deter dogs foxes from the area etc and do not respond to barking as a correction so now the dog has to put up with a squeal all of the time its out not fair on the dog either as it is not fair on the neighbours with the dog barking use a correction collar then the dog knows what its being punished for

Only down side with device they give off a high pitch squeal all the time to deter dogs foxes from the area etc and do not respond to barking as a correction so now the dog has to put up with a squeal all of the time its out not fair on the dog either as it is not fair on the neighbours with the dog barking use a correction collar then the dog knows what its being punished for

I'd agree with that if not bark activated, not really fair on u dogs

i bought 1 for my dog once that was bark activated but it never worked even when in front of his kennel and i did worry about my other dogs being 'punished' for his barking

Our rear garden backs onto housing association house built after WW2 and we have had some right p.i.a. in there , guy living there now has his wife screaming and in tears plus the kids joining when they not running round screaming and their dog constantly yapping everytime we in garden ,we have stopped using the rear garden except for cutting the grass ,hedges and pegging out the washing , I just keep hoping they move again ,they been there around two years now moved down here from up north , I have got to the age where I try and be tolerant now but it is a nuisance .

I have one of those pestbye fox and dog things, for the local cat population, it does my head in, when I'm mowing the lawn, even with a petrol mower all I can hear is a annoying clicking noise for the whole duration of cutting the lawn, To say I was glad when it ran out of battery is a understatement!!!

These things drive me nuts!. I had a bleed in my brain that's left me with permanent tinnitus, when pass any property or shop that uses these( shops use them to deter kids, who have more acute hearing than adults) my ears feel like they are going burst. I really hope these things don't become popular.

These things drive me nuts!. I had a bleed in my brain that's left me with permanent tinnitus, when pass any property or shop that uses these( shops use them to deter kids, who have more acute hearing than adults) my ears feel like they are going burst. I really hope these things don't become popular.

They keep away kids you say!!! Where do we buy such a gem lol