First attempt with Gopro

SuperGoose75

Well tried out the Gopro last Saturday. i was expecting a good mixed Day with the crows and pigeons as there had been a lot of activity on the proposed Fields.

It did not go to plan' as The pigeons would not play ball and refused to decoy.There was a peregrine Falcon hunting the area as I seen him twice in the day and a few Buzzards about. I started off shooting poorly' i think concious of the camera' but it didnt matter much as i was shooting and the camera was not actually recording when I thought it was.

Anyhow i got a little piece footage and i would like to thank Ollie,Big Al,Redditch and Voodoo for there advice and help.Cheers lads :good:

And not forgetting my Missus' for putting it all together as I am a computer Numpty.

Was the camo gun the fabarm?

Yes Al, that is the Fabarm. Them two extended Chokes are the steel proof ones and they are half choke' however Im lead to believe after someone who had the same Gun measured them and they are nearer to 3 quarter. Its my main Gun for Wildfowling and after a lot of trial and error them two chokes only come out When cleaning the gun. I have used it in the past for pigeons and used more open chokes to good effect.

I bought the two Guns new around the same time' I suppose ten yrs ago or so and only used the Beretta for occasional clay shooting' up until a couple of yrs back' when i decided that there wasnt much point of it being idle in the Gun cabinet and I now use it as my Rough shooting gun and pigeons as opposed to the SxS .

Of the two guns which both have 30 inch tubes' i think i shoot better wit the fabarm' i think it is due to the fact it is heavier and has a shorter Stock which seems to suit my short arms.

The Berreta is also a lovely gun to shoot though.

Thanks for your comments and interest.

That was some good shooting. I like the fact that you do as I do, take your time, take one bird and THEN look around for another, and if not in range wait for them to come back.

Also, the video footage was far from shabby, and many do a lot worse, who have been at it longer.

Also kudo's to the lady for her editing.

All said and done, good job there lad :)

more to come in the future we hope ?

I reckon i should get some footage later in the year ' whilst Roost shooting pigeons.

We actually have a season over here for pigeons that runs from 1st Nov to the end of January as we have nowhere near the amount of pigeons that you get in the UK.

We can protect standing Crop if need be. I was scaring both crows and pigeons on the fields whilst they were Standing and went through a few boxes of cartridges doing so' So I justify to myself taking a few pigeons for the pot over the stubbles but never shoot any big bags. It doesnt stop a lot of people from taking big bags on the stubbles despite being nowhere to be seen when the pigeons are actually damaging crops. Combine Chasers 'i believe they are termed.

Anyhow Thank you for your comment.

Nice video and shooting SG!

Cheers Voodoo' I also enjoyed your latest footage.

Thank you Marsh man. Indeed i have often read about the proposed season thing over in the UK mainland in the Shooting press and the arguments for and against it.

Going by the pictures on here and indeed in the Shooting mags' The wood pigeon seems to be continuing to be a real pest bird in the UK and needs to be Controlled.

I think the Moral argument of the pigeons getting shot in their main breeding season and young left to die in the nests is the one thing that would bother me somewhat.Of course i am aware that they nest at different times throughout the year and late summer is the time they are doing most damage' so as long as their numbers are still at pest proportions' they need dealt with.

Pigeons numbers over here seem to change yearly. Some years they are good numbers about and other years they can be very Scarce' but very rarely would you ever see a field "Blue" with pigeons as is often the case in some parts of the UK. If there is year when there are plenty about' then The magnets will be out in Force despite the bird having a Season.

It is what is classed as a "Grey area" when it comes to the legality of it all' but despite the bird having a Season i have yet to hear of any case against anyone shooting over Stubble fields.

Personally I much prefer Roost shooting them in the winter months or a few taking whilst out Rough Shooting.

I have fond memories of myself and friend about 25yrs ago as young teenagers Roost shooting taking turns with my fathers old single barrel and filling Sack fulls "literally" of pigeons. Apart from Wildfowling of cousre' there are not many better ways of passing a winters evening in my eyes.

Thank you again for your kind comments.

Good vid wish I had a Berreta as my spare gun, wanted one of those for ages now just a tad expensive. Anyway as said some cracking shots there especially those 2 high ones!!

Thank you fella. When I bought the Beretta new' It was my intention to use it for everything' but i then deemed it too Nice of a Gun for my type of Shooting and got into Clays for a short period.i have tried to sell it on a few occasions but couldnt get what i wanted for it' despite being ten years old it was like new and I wasnt giving it away for nothing.

You should be able to pick up a good 2nd hand Beretta at a reasonable price. They are built to last and parts are readily available should you need them. It would be money well spent' if you really want one.

Thanks again for your comments.

Good video fella. Nice & clear video and good shooting also.

I look forward to seeing roost shooting videos, I love roost shooting, but only got an opportunity to take 1 video last year.

Keep the vids coming.

Cheers Ollie' yeah im pretty happy with the Camera although it has yet to be tested in the Wind and rain.

Roost shooting offers very testing targets' but sure thats what we want.

Thanks for your comments and pointers regarding the Camera.