nanny state nanny forum

blackthorn

If the thread title contains a warning then I think that's fairer. Self censorship. If you think you might be offended then don't look!

Obviously there is a limit but the odd word that has been "****'ed" out cannot be offensive to anyone surely?

Or a link that contains rude words, a warning should be given, if you think you might be offended then don't click on it!

Just my opinion.

This is a Pigeon Shooting Forum, with a good coverage of other Country Sports and people that visit expect to see that reflected , including pictures of dead creatures.

Although this is the General Banter section, it is for off topic discussions, not XXX adult jokes.

If you have to post a warning regarding the contents of a post, why bother to post it ?

This is a public access Forum, remember that and what you may not take offence at, others do.

Don't forget that some people find this whole sport of ours offensive!

What about the "Kill" photo's that are visible to the public that come on here? Are you going to stop those because someone gets a little hissy?

Your reply to them would be "Don't like it? Don't look!" wouldn't it?

If you have to post a warning regarding the contents of a post, why bother to post it ?

Because it is funny to some peoples sense of humour?

A lot of people have a warped sense of humour, and I am one of them!

SNAKEBITE, we posted almost at the same time, I think my post answers your point.

It does............. and it sort of answers my point.

If you look on a thread marked "rude" and are offended by the contents should you make a fuss? You knew it was rude because it told you! It's like touching the paint on a bench that has "Wet paint " written on it!

Blackthorn, I once put a post up with the word "bloody" in it and that got deleted (no doubt this one will as well) but yet a while back long before your time, there was a photo of a bloke wearing a basque stockings and suspenders posing with his cock up his car exhurst. So I entirely agree with you regarding this forum double standards if your a mate of Cranberry you can get away with murder. If you are not your stuffed. Yours lasted 10 seconds after it was seen, I do not know how long this one will last. It will probably get me banded from the forum as well as deleted.

I don't think it can be said much more clearly than has already been said, but adult jokes certainly come under "vulgar, crude" messages which are not allowed on the site, as per the house rules. Therefore if they appear they will be deleted regardless of whether the poster supplies a warning. Individuals who repeatedly break the rules may lose some or all of their account privileges.

With my cynic hat on it always seems to me that the same posters pop up and bash pigeonwatch whenever there is an opportunity to do so, some even come out of hibernation to do so. If you see an offensive topic report it to a moderator, and I find your story highly unlikely martin I suspect it was deleted as soon as it came to a moderators attention. However, you will have to realise that is impossible to monitor the site 24/7, and so regrettably we are unable to delete every offensive item the post the minute it is posted.

if your a mate of Cranberry you can get away with murder.

Cranfield and I do not see eye to eye on a lot of things but I would never say that about him. Sometimes boundaries get "blurred" but I think that is always going to happen.

On a *********** you do need to be careful - the site can be ******** without notice. We take a more liberal approach on ****************** and it does seem to *****.

Dozey editing just looks - well - dozey, I think you'll agree. There are other hunting sites with a more realistic view and who aren't so insecure.

photopro -

if your a mate of Cranberry you can get away with murder.

Martin,

I consider myself a Mate to Cranfield, yet I have had posts removed. For that matter I once had a 72 hour ban from Ernyha :good:;):D and I know for a fact LB has had a number of warning cards pop up in his mailbox :/:D:/

The mods on here are very even handed and do not play favourites.

Oh and the truck picture that you are refering to was posted before any of the present mods were asked to help out.

NTTF

Being a male of 36 years old....back in the seventies when I was a mere lad, I swore, heard swearing and read swearing......as do most kids nowadays.....but as someone already has stated....we all know the rules when we agree to become a member.....so its pointless whinging about getting posts deleted if you break the rules.....just get on with life.....who the **** cares.

DFB

:good:

i am not against some adult jokes as i would not consider some of the sporting pictures suitable for youngsters/hairdessers etc ie this is not a forum for children etc but also as in day to day life there is no need for swearing just because you can, personally i like typing it out and adding a few *****y stars etc because you are sort of swearing without swearing if you see what i mean.

also i find it hard to understand why some of us complain about the moderators in such an aggressive and non constructive way i would not like to be one especially for little or no reward, **** that!

plinker

i am not against some adult jokes as i would not consider some of the sporting pictures suitable for youngsters/hairdessers etc ie this is not a forum for children etc but also as in day to day life there is no need for swearing just because you can, personally i like typing it out and adding a few *****y stars etc because you are sort of swearing without swearing if you see what i mean.

also i find it hard to understand why some of us complain about the moderators in such an aggressive and non constructive way i would not like to be one especially for little or no reward, **** that!

plinker

Why is it not a forum for children?

plinker

Why is it not a forum for children?

as a parent you censor certain things from your children until you think they are mature enough to deal with it, it is part of growing up you are not born a full on adult.for example most 10 year old lads would find a picture of a rabbit that had spilled its brains upsetting whereas most 15 year old boys would find it fascinating. :good:

does that answer your question?

plinker

Being a male of 36 years old....back in the seventies when I was a mere lad, I swore, heard swearing and read swearing......as do most kids nowadays.....but as someone already has stated....we all know the rules when we agree to become a member.....so its pointless whinging about getting posts deleted if you break the rules.....just get on with life.....who the **** cares.

DFB

:good:

nice one.

Well are pictures not members only?? As for a 18+ section if people want this why not just join a forum for vulgarities (i am sure they exist). As stated most of this site is accessable by the public and our past times are not exactly approved of anyway, so a forum full of smutty jokes and rude links is going to damage both the creditability of PW and our sport as a whole.

As for accusing mods of being biased toward certain members NTTF has stated LB (who I believe shoots clays with Cranners) has had warnings so they are not exactly biased. The mods seem to be incredibly fair and even handed (for example they are allowing this debate to continue!)

What alot of people seem to forget is they are volunteers! They donate their own personal time to ensure the smooth running and user friendlyness of this forum and in fact deserve some appreciation. I know from my own exp (as uni chairman for a club) people are all to quick to moan but normally never offer constructive critism/help and also once you have packed it in (esp if they take over) realise what you did do and the fact you did it for FREE.