hmm clay shooting or pigeon shooting , 1st oct

Guest stevo

Well ...........

yesterday ( Thursday) I finished work at 12.30 with the intention of going to clay ground for a spot of practice ,

and so I went home grabbed my Caesar Guerini summit and shells ect ect and off I went .

well I got 2 mins down the road a thought I would take the long way round and have a look at a field of winter barley that over the week has been getting hit by pigeons , I have been watching it over the past couple of days at all different times trying to catch the line opening into the field . but just seem to miss it .

well I puled into field , flask out :-) when I started to notice what looked like a weak line just starting to kick off , so I went for , got set up a bit sharpish , went in back of van a rounded up all the game carts I could find , 125 Eley pigeon select that's it !! so I grabbed 2 boxes of Eley superb 28 gram # 7.5 ( my comp carts )

it was 2 pm when I was ready to rock and roll , just as the line opened , and shot till 5.15 pm

I started off with a few flexicoys out random , and about 30 mins later I set up a magnet with 2 fresh birds on it . as for chokes I already had 1/4 in bottom and 3/8th in top and thought that would be fine , however the pigeon select were not the best a struggled for the first few shots , there were ok out to 30 -35 yrds but not a lot of cop at further ranges and so changed over to 1/2 and light full which payed dividends with the 40 - 50 and a few a bit further

anyway end result was 138 ( inc 10 ferols )

enjoy

p.s its best watched in 1080 HD .

https://youtu.be/VescHKIpkLI

Edited by stevo

Nicely done sir, hope you didnt pick up your old habits going back on the woodies!!!

hello mate ,

haha I hope so too , theres still plenty of life in this old dog yet :) I love my clays , but I will never pass up on some pigeon shooting .

Thats good to know, we would miss your pigeon shooting videos and this is another good one. :good:

Cheers mate . I still shoot pigeon just as much as always really . I just backed off on vids as there are more than enough fantastic videos on here as it is . And i would rather watch them instead haha .

About time you shot something with feathers on , I think I counted more misses than all your other videos put together , those clays are ruining you :lol:

Well done on a good bag :good:

adi ..... your a cheeky **** ( but I like it haha ) I didn't miss that many I know , on a serious note I think I may have done something to my camera , maybe I changed a setting without knowing , but its not picking up the distance birds very well , that's why I said you really want to watch it in 1080 HD on youtube ,

and as for those pigeon select , ,,,,, there great in my skeet gun . but shocking in my CG

Good stuff as always but I was hoping for a video of you using your skeet gun. How are you getting on with that?

that's the gun I normally use , I have some videos , I will sort them out and post them up

And I thought you were dead.

A good video. Thanks for posting. I agree entirely with your views on those cartridges not being much good at distance.

Jdog , there total poo at anything over 40 yrds imo . ( in my CG . I have a couple left so in going to pattern them at some point

Nicely done again mate! You struggled a bit with the left ones, the sun in your face didn't helped much :)

Great stuff :good:

yes mate that sun was evil .

Some nice shots. Bet you wished you had that third shot at times.

cheers motty , and yes a 3rd shot would be well handy at times

great vid as usual stevo always a good watch :yes:

j try them with with a bit more choke you might be surprised

Thats what i did daz . I went from 1/4 and 3/8ths upto half and light full

Imo there fine for decoying ranges . But there certainly not a performance shell .

I was using RC2 comp yesterday and they were worlds better And same money .

Great video Stevo with some excellent shooting. An interesting comment about the Pigeon Select cartridges, a friend ( Hawkfanz of this forum ) and I tried them and we felt that they were a bit on the light side. Keep posting Stevo, always a really good watch, if sometimes an enviable one with the calibre of the shooting !.

Well done Stevo.

Edited by selbyman