UFO

old'un

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would probably call Dinasours Aliens ifyou met one..

They would still be here after 50 milion years if that great big rock had not hit the Earth..

Could they be on another planet, enjoying life Hunting other creatures..

Thought Eh..

Some of them still inhabit PW..........

I am confident that somewhere in the vastness of space there are likely quite a few planets with great big beasties happily chomping all and sundry

Guest rimotu66

My thinking is, if they where here 1000's of years ago you would think they had some kind of involvement with mankind as they where treated as gods, if that is the case then why do they not have the same involvement with us, did they just get bored and clear off?

They've seen the state our worlds in and thought f that! Shame they don't come so they can vapourise Isis with their Ray guns.

I think China will do that now that they are involved.

Guest rimotu66

Maybe they went travelling around the universe and never came back or fuel prices went up and thought sod that we aint travelling all that way to earth.

Good point, I never thought of that, so maybe there economy went bust so there government stopped all space exploration, I guess even aliens have money problems.

I think I have more chance of seeing Igglepiggle Rodgering Upsidaisy than seeing a UFO or Alien.

We are alone.

It's been said there's more planets out there than grains of sand on all the beaches in the world. And we're the only intelligent life form ?? Never !!

It's been said there's more planets out there than grains of sand on all the beaches in the world. And we're the only intelligent life form ?? Never !!

We're absolutely not the only life form, can't be when you take into account the sheer infinity of it all BUT in the context of ever being able to communicate and making actual physical contact I'm afraid we will remain alone till the earth expires.

Life forms perhaps even super intelligent ones must be out there but distances are just too vast, also bear in mind that in the time it takes for them or us to become advanced enough to undertake such travels one or the other planet will have died off.

I have been thinking about what it takes to launch ships capable of light year travels and it very quickly becomes unsustainable, not only would they have to reproduce en-route they would of course also have to produce food, medicine, water and other essentials on board. They would also have to procure metals and minerals from their surrounding space in order to affect the inevitable repairs and replacements of the equipment which will be subject to wear and tear like everything else. It's a nice thought to place infinite faith in mans ingenuity and cleverness but just remember we conquered the moon 4 decades ago and have since done very little in comparison, there ARE limitations.

Edited by Hamster

We're absolutely not the only life form, can't be when you take into account the sheer infinity of it all BUT in the context of ever being able to communicate and making actual physical contact I'm afraid we will remain alone till the earth expires.

Life forms perhaps even super intelligent ones must be out there but distances are just too vast, also bear in mind that in the time it takes for them or us to become advanced enough to undertake such travels one or the other planet will have died off.

I have been thinking about what it takes to launch ships capable of light year travels and it very quickly becomes unsustainable, not only would they have to reproduce en-route they would of course also have to produce food, medicine, water and other essentials on board. They would also have to procure metals and minerals from their surrounding space in order to affect the inevitable repairs and replacements of the equipment which will be subject to wear and tear like everything else. It's a nice thought to place infinite faith in mans ingenuity and cleverness but just remember we conquered the moon 4 decades ago and have since done very little in comparison, there ARE limitations.

Solar sails are one way of getting super high speeds without the need for fuel. I wouldn't want to hit a grain of dust at even 10% light speed though!

You are certainly right though that just because the Earth has intelligent life right now that doesn't mean other planets will, they could have had s couple of billion years ago, or in the future but the chances of two different intelligent lifeforms meeting in the same place and same time must be vanishingly small.

Solar sails are one way of getting super high speeds without the need for fuel. I wouldn't want to hit a grain of dust at even 10% light speed though!

You are certainly right though that just because the Earth has intelligent life right now that doesn't mean other planets will, they could have had s couple of billion years ago, or in the future but the chances of two different intelligent lifeforms meeting in the same place and same time must be vanishingly small.

That exactly what I mean by time zones, there are a myriad of incalculably difficult things to overcome already but we may not even be in the sweet spot of the other life forms. Besides, what is the point ? The money spent on space could have solved half the Earth's problems already !

Lol since then we have fired particles at one another in the LHC and gained much knowledge on quantum mechanics, but also created more questions!

In doing so we have advanced far more than merely propelling a piece of metal to the moon and back...

If you think about it logically, God was / is from "up there" so would be an alien. And that's without taking all the cave paintings in to consideration.

Just Googled "cave paintings of aliens" interesting but a lot of it could easily be discounted, but not all!.

Funny how Google's search page is showing the evolution of man, now there's another kettle of fish.

Just Googled "cave paintings of aliens" interesting but a lot of it could easily be discounted, but not all!.

Another thing to think about, bearing in mind that there is said to be no evidence of soot residues, when they painted the walls inside the pyramids, how did they see what they were doing?

there are pyramids in many parts of the world china south america egypt etc. all carbon dating 10,000 years, we only recognise egyptions back 5000 years. there was no world travel 10,000 years ago, so did the inhabitants of these countries all get the bright idea lets build a pyramid at the same time because they couldnt have known what each other were doing

there are pyramids in many parts of the world china south america egypt etc. all carbon dating 10,000 years, we only recognise egyptions back 5000 years. there was no world travel 10,000 years ago, so did the inhabitants of these countries all get the bright idea lets build a pyramid at the same time because they couldnt have known what each other were doing

Looking at the cave painting from around the world one thing that seems to be common in them is, they all have large black eyes, some wearing what appears to be helmets, now considering some of these cave paintings are 10 thousand years old and older, how did humans around the world paint similar pictures?

You can't carbon date rock so not sure where that idea comes from. Pyramids are actually much easier to build than square buildings if you want to get height, they don't collapse, and 3 is a magical mystical number all over the world.

Correlation is not causation!