RIP Jim Fenton

henry d

I doubt if many people here would know Jim Fenton on this forum, however he was a great character and yesterday lost his battle with cancer.

He was a "Bon Viveur", a first class shot and although he had 2 working open cast mines and other businesses and the largesse that supplies he still had time for the little people. At his shoots he supplied the beaters/pickers up/loaders with food and drink throughout the day and rather than having a guns and others circle at the end of drives everyone congregated together like an enlarged family.

He was an excellent shot and I remember seeing him drop both pheasant and partridge that were flying higher than the top wires of an electrical pylon.

It was an honour to know you Jim and the shooting community is the worse for your passing.

I doubt if many people here would know Jim Fenton on this forum, however he was a great character and yesterday lost his battle with cancer.

He was a "Bon Viveur", a first class shot and although he had 2 working open cast mines and other businesses and the largesse that supplies he still had time for the little people. At his shoots he supplied the beaters/pickers up/loaders with food and drink throughout the day and rather than having a guns and others circle at the end of drives everyone congregated together like an enlarged family.

He was an excellent shot and I remember seeing him drop both pheasant and partridge that were flying higher than the top wires of an electrical pylon.

It was an honour to know you Jim and the shooting community is the worse for your passing.

Sounds like he was one of the old/good brigade HD.

RIP Jim.

LB