Contact lenses

novice cushie shooter

Hi i currently use acuvue moist dailies and am considering changing to monthlies but im not sure its financialy worth it.

I wear contacts about 10-15 times per month currently mainly due to shift work and having tired eyes i find it easier to wear my specs.i also use my specs for shooting as i have a shotspot for dominance. Are the monthlies more comfortable? Any users advice is most helpful. Thanks gordon

You'll find monthly lenses are marginally thicker than dailies, not enough to be less comfortable but initially you may find they feel different but you'll get used to them very quickly. I find monthlies are much more stable in my eyes so I actually have less comfort issues with the. Sensation wise, other than the fact I can see clearly I honestly wouldn't be aware they were in.

At the end of the day the best person to advise you is your optician..

Edited by MartynGT4

Started off over 20 years ago with Monthlies but soon switched to dailies as working away and cleaning them didn't seem to go hand in hand.

For the last five years or so I have Johnson & Johnson Continious wear which allows me to keep them in permanently for up to two weeks.

It's great being able to sleep in the things.

I do have 'comfort' breaks from them every so often when I only wear glasses at home

I couldn't get on with monthlies at all. They were too uncomfortable (thicker) and the cleaning was just a faff. I stuck to dailies until I got a mega offer for laser.

Not everything suits everybody...

I really wish I could have lasor but optical express wouldn't do it, even with my glasses on I've no chance of seeing ducks at night !

I used to wear monthlies but found them to become uncomfortable after wearing them for extended periods and also towards the end of their wear cycle. Cleaning and storing is a faff too.

I then came across some dailies at £9.75 a box (£9.00 if you multi buy) so I thought at that price I'd give them a whirl. I didn't expect much, partly due to the cost, but they are the most comfortable lenses I've ever worn. So comfortable infact I've forgotten to take them out before I've gone to bed on more than one occasion. The lenses are called Crystal Hydro and are available from Contactlenses.co.uk (I have no affiliation to either company). Easy to use service, delivery is super quick and also free!. I'd avoided dailies previously due to cost as I wear them everyday, but at this price it's a no brainier, cheap, comfortable and convenient.

Edited by Trevorevans