Semi Auto for Lefter Handers

grahamch

Any recommendations for a semi auto for a left hander?

Must haves are a 3.5 inch chamber, a 26 inch barrel and the safety must be able to be set for left handed use.

Budget is not an issue but l dont want a cheapy that will fall apart or malfunction. Want a well known and quaility make.

Thanks

Have tried one or two but the safety was a the rear of the trigger guard and reset sometime when caught it with trigger finger.

Guess a right handed with a safety that canv be reversed may be ok

Don't do it ,get a leftie

1. Safety catch

2. Ejection

3. And most important try loading a right handed one,then a leftie

Fielddweller

Was looking on web at berettas but there are 350 and 400 extemes without any discernable difference in spec other then price and age I guess. Are they both the same basic gun?

Both appear to be rh only in 3.5 inch.

Had a benelli M2 a while ago and thought very little of it and sold it after a season

Bought a new beretta A400 action around this time last year and can't fault it, absolutely cracking gun....accounted for over 1000 pigeon so far!

I had the older AL391 prior that for over 10 years in r/h and have to say I never had a problem with loading/firing it etc but it didn't fit as well so did hit me in the face a bit after a heavy day on the hide (that could have been altered easily enough with re shimming the stock though).

So nice having a true left hand gun though, I'm a beretta man so when I saw they'd finally brought out a left hander I'm that model I had to have one!! Lovely looking bit of kit :)

I'm left handed and shoot a right handed Franchi Raptor. Safety is in front of the trigger and never caused me any problems. Left hand guns tend to be harder to sell on.

I found left handed guns extremely easy to sell on, I had quite a few people ask if I ever sell mine to let them know and I not got anything special just Brownings. Our local gunsmith is keener to take a left handed in on trade in than a right handed, because he finds them easy to sell on.

But as for a left or right handed Auto, if you buying new I'd definately go for a left handed one, no reason not too unless you got your heart set on a model that does not come in left handed.

Got a SBE2 in left hand. Great gun.. Bought it for wildfowling but got more into deer stalking so it mostly just sits in the cabinate. Let me know if your interested as I would love it to actually get used by someone!

Thanks for the offer but my M2 put me off Benellis