N v S '16 ?

Guest cookoff013

Hi

I'm sure it's a good choice of ground 😋

If it draws in more members and more for the charity it'll be a brilliant ground

It also shows how worried the northern contingent are frightened of a bit of sunshine

And scared to get to far from there ( parole officer) home ground

I sadly will not be able to attend this year😟

and am bitterly disappointed that I won't be there to see the flat cap racing pigeon whippet keepers get a true stuffing 😂

Anyone teetering on the brink please attend it is a truly wonderful day out

Obviously locking wheel nuts are essential if your from the south 😚

Most of the northerners are south of the venue😉

All the best

Of

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I'm sure it's a good choice of ground 😋

If it draws in more members and more for the charity it'll be a brilliant ground

It also shows how worried the northern contingent are frightened of a bit of sunshine

And scared to get to far from there ( parole officer) home ground

I sadly will not be able to attend this year😟

and am bitterly disappointed that I won't be there to see the flat cap racing pigeon whippet keepers get a true stuffing 😂

Anyone teetering on the brink please attend it is a truly wonderful day out

Obviously locking wheel nuts are essential if your from the south 😚

Most of the northerners are south of the venue😉

All the best

Of

It's a real shame that you can't be there OF :(

You couldn't change the dates around then?

Catch up soon mate :good:

All the venues are in the Midlands, it tends to be more an East or West option - if we chose true North or South ground, it'd would be a logistical no no for a lot of people on opposite end of the country.

FYI - Premier Inn, Telford North is the first choice venue for the night before (same place we stayed before - I wonder if 'Ice Cream' Darcy still works there?)

Bish, bash, bosh I'm booked in.

My curiosity is aroused, what`s the story with Darcy?

We were quite a rowdy lot as you can imagine and were put in a side room for the other customers benefit more than anything else,

Darcy was assigned to be our waitress for the evening,

Nothing was too much bother for her and treated us amazingly well.

The ice cream part is a little hazy and I'm sure Beardo will recall it better but it was something to do with the ordering of ice cream (I scream was the joke?)

Anyway at the end of the night, the bill was paid and Darcy got a tip which would have been at the very least more than her wages for the night with the understanding it didn't go in the tip jar, but her pocket,

She certainly earned it,

If I recall there were a few complaints from the other customers but Darcy fielded them very well and none made it through to us.

:shaun:

Rowdy, the PW massive! Say it ain`t so! :lol:

Cheers for the explanation. Sounds like it was a fun night.

The fact you remember her name shows what a great job she did. As someone who has worked their fair number of shifts in the licensed industry I can say that good natured but rowdy customers are fine to deal with. And I`m sure your generous tip more than made up for any hassle she received from other customers.

All the venues are in the Midlands, it tends to be more an East or West option - if we chose true North or South ground, it'd would be a logistical no no for a lot of people on opposite end of the country.

FYI - Premier Inn, Telford North is the first choice venue for the night before (same place we stayed before - I wonder if 'Ice Cream' Darcy still works there?)

Booked into the aforementioned Premier Inn along with Bunnykiller

Would make the night if Darcy still worked there

grrr.....fully booked up already!!!!!!

grrr.....fully booked up already!!!!!!

Really??

Have they not just increased the prices due to heavy traffic like they usually do?

They did that last year for the one at Orston but they came down again

The first time we shot at Hodnet I stayed at the Travelodge, it's not far, I then drove along to join the others at the Premier Inn

Think there are also 2 other premier inns within 3-4 miles. Clearly drink driving is not on, and I doubt there will be a bus service that far North let alone a taxi, but there must be a friendly local chap with a nag and cart, there were plenty of them on James Herriot and he was up North too. I'm sure he'll trade you a lift for a spare flat cap, in fact might do a return journey for that. :good:

Folks,

Its not far from the ground the closest accomadation : The Bear at Hodnet with food and booze that is spot on, they are also welcoming to shooters ! Cant recomend it highly enough.

Am real local and this one of my favorite places to eat. But be quick as they only have about 4-6 rooms - 01630 685214.

Other than that you have the premier inn at Newport along with other B&B`s etc !

ATB

Matt

Needless to say I will 100% be there :good::yahoo:

According to the map am a I come under the north banner from memory.

Edited by salop sniper