Which media supplier?

Doc Holliday

I'm just wondering which media supplier folk on here use.

I use Virgin and to be honest, they are pretty dire. There router keeps freezing up and they keep wanting to go through the settings. OK, I have called them about it in a year or so but it's only because I find them very stressful to deal with and I end up getting so wound up with them.

I called them today and told them if they don't sort it I'm going to walk. Their answer - "I need you to go in to your account so we can change the settings". My response - "Are you even listening to me? I've already told you that that doesn't do jack!". And I get to pay them about £60 a.month for the please of having to reboot my router 2 or 3 times a week (I kid you not).

I have one if those smart TV'S so we tend to watch catch up through that as the Tivo box takes too long to get its rear end in to gear.

We only use the landline for the alarm to dial out on and don't make any calls from it.

I would like to use Plus net but I don't think they do TV. Will check their site shortly.

Who do you use and do you rate them or slate them?

"I would like to use Plus net but I don't think they do TV"

not sure what you mean, are you talking about smart TV catch-up?

been with my ISP Plusnet for 3 years had no problems, got unlimited broadband and phoneline plus any time free calls (max 1 hour then redial)

Look at you view STB, we are with sky just got a really good deal but Broadband is not as good as sky was at previous place so might go to Virgin but wil stick with it for 12 months, if you ditch Virgin you'll need a dish or aerial for live TV and can choose a set top box or just use the "smart TV " function. Plus net are BT by another name but do have some, good offers if your streaming TV you need good speed and unlimited downloads (getting rare these days) fibre BB isn't cheap or available in all areas speeds still generally lower than Virgin to....

been with virgin for years, originally line was telewest cable. used to be fantastic but the last 12 months can be lot of interuptions such as having to reboot wifi and tv box regularly. our nearest server is milton keynes which is a couple of hundred miles away so we are at the end of the line and things can be slow. did at one point think about going to plusnet but sacked the idea due to dire service ratings when we looked. we have the two teens in the house including ourselves so lots of usage. decided to stay put for time being.

I'm with virgin. way better than sky. Broadband speed is way faster than I need ( when my kids are over we can stream 4 movies at once no problem ) . remote control was playing up so they sent a new one. Tivo box was a bit slow so they sent an engineer to install the latest one.